DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles with 360 video (and other uses)

Deckie

Reactions
I was thinking of going for the DJI goggles to use with my recently acquired Mavic Air which got me thinking about their possible other uses. One thought I had was whether they could be used to view 360 video to create a VR experience (though not in 3D of course). If a camera like the GoPro Fusion can record video of a scene in all directions at once, can the head tracking capability of the DJI goggles somehow be used to determine what part of that video footage is shown by the goggles undistorted, according to the direction you’re looking? It would be like recreating an experience in VR (e.g. a country walk in amazing scenery or a scuba dive) and you would be able to look all around you and maybe spot things happening that you missed the first time. I can’t find anything about whether that’s been done or even possible but I can’t see why not. Any thoughts or advise please?

Apart from that, has anyone used the goggles for purposes other than drone FPV (which I'm sure is pretty amazing)?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan