DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Golden FW version?

hillridge

Reactions
My firmware is way out of date because back when I got the Mavic about a year ago, the version I had on there (01.03.0400) was recognized as the "best" in terms of performance and stability, and I have never bothered to update it since.

There have been a lot of changes since then, and I'm curious if there's a new Golden version to update to, or if I should continue to follow the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy.

Here are my current versions:
APP: 4.2.12 (I rolled this back from the terrible 4.2.20, but I'm going to bump it up to 4.2.16 today)
Aircraft: 01.03.0400
Controller: 01.03.0550
Precise Fly Safe DB: 01.00.01.09
Basic Fly Safe DB: 01.00.01.07

I preordered mine have 5 batterys and fly A lot and have done every update they have had and have found IMHO them to be all ..Golden..;)
YMMV

I’m not on the latest firmware - but chose the minimum version required to work with the goggles.

Got latest IOS app - This gives me all the quick shots not available with the older version.

Upgrading so far has though lost me the superior Google maps and the ability to manually choose FCC/CE mode.

Interested in knowing what updating further will give me if anything or if I’ll loose more features....

thanks.

I'm curious how far back the app can go on Android. You used to be able to turn geofencing on or off, and that got taken away at some point. Wasn't a big issue for me until I tried to fly near an airport (where I had ATC approval) and couldn't get it to unlock. A list of gains and losses in each version would be awesome.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580