DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Golf Course Flyovers - adding text into the video

RonanCork

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I've been asked by client to do their Gold Course fly over video. As part of this they'll like when i (in the final video) approach each hole, that I should display some text on the video on the details of the hole/fairway etc. I'm not sure yet if this is simple text or a few lines but likely something small

I'll be using my Mavic 3 Pro and my video editor is Da Vinci Resolve v18

I know Resolve can do titles and callouts - so I'll look into them (they may suffice fine) but wanted to ask you guys in case someone had a really nice professional way of doing this.

Thanks Ronan

Nice one thanks for that - some great footage there.
Did you use Resolve to add the text or some other software?
I've love the text design of the final video in your list (Mere Golf Course)
Thanks Ro

Nice one thanks for that - some great footage there.
Did you use Resolve to add the text or some other software?
I've love the text design of the final video in your list (Mere Golf Course)
Thanks Ro
Sorry these are not my videos; just a collection of good videos I found on YT as examples.

But yes, the text design in the last video can be done in DR.

Reactions: RonanCork
I use after effects and vegas pro. Both can create the text and effects made in the example videos. Sorry, but i've never used resolve.

Resolve is completely capable of adding any text you would like as long as (like every program) you have the font you want to use. These can be edited to come into the frame almost any way you like using the inspector panel and keyframes.

Adding text to video is something that every video editor program is capable of.
In davinci resolve (which I use) it is even possible to link the text with objects in the video so that the text "follows" the selected object. You can even make the font grow/shrink over time to make the text appear to be coming closer/ disappearing in the distance.
The only limit in possibilities is your own imagination. You WILL need to spend some time figuring out how everything works, but once you got over that hurdle, the sky's the limit.

Adding text to video is something that every video editor program is capable of.
In davinci resolve (which I use) it is even possible to link the text with objects in the video so that the text "follows" the selected object. You can even make the font grow/shrink over time to make the text appear to be coming closer/ disappearing in the distance.
The only limit in possibilities is your own imagination. You WILL need to spend some time figuring out how everything works, but once you got over that hurdle, the sky's the limit.
Thanks for the details Freddy K. This seems like what I'm looking for. I'm up for the challenge to getting up to speed on how do this in Resolve!.

Still trying to clarify what the client wants (and will hopefully be speaking with him today, have not been able to get him in person or phone which imho would be much easier for this requirements gathering phase) but he's said:

"...The idea is to have video with hole distances from tees on bottom LHS. Fly to middle of fairway and then highlight distances to green from certain points. i.e. 110yds from tree on RHS, so have tree highlighted and 110yds displayed. Then continue to green and again pause and mark distance of front to back on screen..."

I think it's perhaps something like this video (see at 11s in) - which it seems would be possible in resolve.
Been Youtube'ing and struggling to find something that shows the style of graphics etc he wants

Thanks Ro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_