DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Golf course

SkiBikeSAM

Reactions
I’ve been flying drones for approximately 8-10yrs, currently flying my DJI Mavic 3 pro. I’m licensed and insured. I’ve been asked by a golf course to capture some aerial footage. Wondering if the drone can be programmed to fly the same route around the golf course? Currently my best thought is using active track and following a golf cart…
Thanks for your time..
Just joined your group today.

I’ve been flying drones for approximately 8-10yrs, currently flying my DJI Mavic 3 pro. I’m licensed and insured. I’ve been asked by a golf course to capture some aerial footage. Wondering if the drone can be programmed to fly the same route around the golf course? Currently my best thought is using active track and following a golf cart…
Thanks for your time..
Just joined your group today.
HA! Welcome from Savannah!
I'm a retired golf professional. I've flown my drone on golf courses around here.. Just ask.

Hello from the Crossroads of America SkiBikeSAM.

My first thought was Litchi, but it's not compatible with the Mavic 3...yet?

There are other flight apps available that may work but I'm not familiar with them or the Litchi app.

Other members here do autonomous flights and may have better input.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Why would waypoints not work but litchi would? Did DJI work their tail off to bring us Waypoints in the Mavic 3 but in the end, nobody really wants it? When I think of automated flight and the Mavic 3, I think of waypoint and litchi doesn't even cross my mind since we are more than a year away from ever seeing that work on Mavic 3, if ever.

Did DJI work their tail off to bring us Waypoints in the Mavic 3 but in the end, nobody really wants it?

Just trying to be friendly. I have no clue what the Mavic 3 has for bells and whistles like the waypoints.

I assumed it wasn't available since the OP asked about a repeatable flight path.

I’ve been flying drones for approximately 8-10yrs,

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Please be sure to share your golf course video…

Fly Safe!

Oh ok, my bad; I see we are in the welcome forum not one of the other forums.

Welcome Sam. And, check out waypoints on your Mavic 3, it's a nice little feature courtesy DJI.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

I fly the course I work at using my Mavic 2 Pro and Litchi.
Nicely Done, Good Music, Great Speed, Slow enough to show lots of detail, yet Fast enough to keep it from getting boring…

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Please be sure to share your golf course video…

Fly Safe!
I went to the member map and did not see myself. Am I supposed to?

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1