DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gonna try the new M2Zoom with the Smart Controller and Waypoints 2.0 this weekend

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
I picked up a new Zoom with the Smart Controller before the tariffs kick in. I'm gonna try the SC this weekend using Waypoints 2.0. I'm a big Litchi fan but read some negative feedback on using Litchi on the SC (in addition to being forced to pay for it again.) I'm curious to see how well Waypoints 2.0 works on the SC in comparison to Litchi. I'll report back after testing and post some video.

Last edited:
I'll look out for your feedback as I am so tempted to sell one of my organs to buy an SC (too expensive). I use an iPad mini 3, its great, but the issue is I cant see the screen if there is the slightest bit of reflection. Not good when doing intricate manoeuvres for customers and can't really see what I'm capturing.

I too am looking forward to your thoughts. I am close to pulling the trigger on an SC and would love to hear how you find it :)

I have read that there's a bug in the firmware that can sometimes make SMOOTH turns/curves hard to achieve and it is apparent in using either the DJI waypoints or Litchi waypoints.

I have read that there's a bug in the firmware that can sometimes make SMOOTH turns/curves hard to achieve and it is apparent in using either the DJI waypoints or Litchi waypoints.

Yes, if you're withing a certain distance of whatever object you are focused on. I'll see how it does this weekend.

Had a problem updating the firmware tonight on the SC ...until I downloaded the latest version of Assistant 2 ... then the firmware update worked. Impressed with the quality of the SC; will see how it flies tomorrow.

Reactions: ff22
set the waypoints up using the HDMI port to connect to pc screen, much bigger view and easier to set up, also I use a mouse rather than tap the screen, I find it makes a world of difference

Reactions: DadCorso80
I was pleasantly surprised with the SC after reading all the negative publicity on it. I like the solid feel of the SC in my hands and the responsiveness of the touchscreen. In bright sunlight I could easily see the screen, even with sunglasses on. Can set screen brightness to adapt to ambient lighting and that seems to work well. I prefer the SC to a regular controller with my mini Ipad 4 and am glad I got the SC packaged with the Zoom. I have yet to do a range test with it or test the digital zoom on the drone in addition to the 2x optical zoom. Waypoints 2.0 was also a pleasant surprise, in many ways being easier to use than Litchi (which I'm a fan of.) I went ahead and also installed Litchi on the SC to have the option to run it.

I think I prefer the Zoom for daylight SAR and the M2ED for night SAR.

Video of the preliminary test of the SC with the Zoom.

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
I too am looking forward to your thoughts. I am close to pulling the trigger on an SC and would love to hear how you find it :)
Pull the trigger. The SC is awesome. No glare. Bright display. Feels great in your hands. No hassle with phone. Gets you up and flying faster. I have nothing bad to say about the DJI Smart Controller.

Reactions: dannybgoode
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arm1