DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good, bad, dumb luck?

CraigVMN

Reactions
I went up yesterday near some power lines, flying a pre-planned mission in Maven. I "knew" I was clear of the lines, but when I hit the button to start the mission, I watched my Air 2 fly right into the power line.

I thought that was the end of that! I walked closer, as the motors were still spinning, trying to complete the mission. I canceled the flight, and got an idea of the orientation of the bird. I somehow managed to fly it off the line...and it was fine!

It didn't fry, nothing broke, it didn't crash to the ground...and I was able to fly it just fine afterward. 🤨 Amazing.

If the heights in the mission was set relative the start point... a lower located point maybe made the mission end up at the power line height..?

This one is also about power lines... once all mud & grass was cleaned off it also flew perfectly fine 😁

Your story reminded me of a flight I did with my Spark way back when.

I was trying to get a better shot of a "tree sculpture" in the backyard of abandoned property.

I could see the wire from the pole to the house and the Spark perfectly, but my depth perception was off and when I lowered the Spark, it was on top of the wire as it flexed like a tightrope walker. :oops:

I just left stick up and all was well. :)

Reactions: Gagey52
Glad it worked out for you. Been there done that, but with a different application

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbod