DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good drone news from Switzerland

Tripner

Reactions
I hope this isn’t old news that has already been discussed here:

A company, Matternet, has successful completed 1800 drone flights across cities in Switzerland delivering medical supplies. They use quadcopters that look a little bit like DJI Phantoms. The flights start from one kiosk and fly to another one in a different part of a city like Zurich. The system appears to work autonomously so a hospital nurse who knows diddly about operating a drone can fly blood samples to a lab across town for testing.

Chalk one up for the world of drones.

https://mttr.net

I hope this isn’t old news that has already been discussed here:

A company, Matternet, has successful completed 1800 drone flights across cities in Switzerland delivering medical supplies. They use quadcopters that look a little bit like DJI Phantoms. The flights start from one kiosk and fly to another one in a different part of a city like Zurich. The system appears to work autonomously so a hospital nurse who knows diddly about operating a drone can fly blood samples to a lab across town for testing.

Chalk one up for the world of drones.

https://mttr.net

Love this great news!

Except they've recently been shut down from operating at their first location because of noise complaints by the neighbourhood.

Except they've recently been shut down from operating at their first location because of noise complaints by the neighbourhood.

Well some folks will complain about anything, even a system set up to help save peoples lives.

I haven't much tolerance for this sales spin. It is more a mad rush for capitalist domination all wrapped in pretty paper covered in humanitarian slogans....always the same old story. How else does the wolf get into the hen house?

Reactions: Kilrah
Quite interesting, thanks.

Wondering how these kind of activities will develop in the near future..... I read also that drone technology will become the carrier of the future, from med distribution in remote areas to rescue missions in catastrophe situations.

Time will tell and hope we see the transformation from first row sits ...... (or as a drone pilot )

i'm sure it is good news!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee