DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GOOD NEWS!!! SDKs will be available for Mavic 3 & Air 2S

I donā€™t think people understood. The Mini 2 and Air2s SDk is coming out end of December but the Mavic 3 SDK doesnā€™t have a time table. It is likely to be months possibly summer before thereā€™s a M3 SDk
Yeah, the Mini 2 was released one year and one month ago and it is going to finally be included. It's gonna take a while for the Mavic 3 to be included in the SDK

Agreed. I had a show that needed me to do several matching hyperlapse shots day and night and Litchi was the only easy way to do it and get the right results.
No Litchi is not the only way, Dronelink will do all that Litchi can and more.

Reactions: manic
With this news it might finally be the time to pull the pin and upgrade from the original mini to an Air2s, I use Dronelink quite a bit.

So i guess we'll know any minute if it's real or just empty promises.
I'm waiting for the mini SE SDK which was also announced for the "end" 30th of December.

I agree that waypoints and automated flight are two different concepts, that can come combined though.
I do fear that DJI and other manufacturers will be advised -if not obliged- to make automated flight without continuous connection to the pilot impossible.
For me and others that is exactly what makes Litchi so useful: you start the flight and you just wait till your device lands again a few meters away from you 15, 20 or now 30 minutes later.
And you can repeat that exact same sequence every hour/day/week/month/year if you want which makes it very useful for following up changes in a piece of nature, a building project etc.
I always wondered about the lack of a continuous connection during a waypoint mission. I don't use waypoints, but I played around with them a few times. I had it fly at a low altitude, but high enough not to hit anything, but because it flew so low, the signal cut out pretty quickly. The drone went on it's way from way point to way point without any link to the R/C and came back without any problems. It sure was nerve racking having my drone fly without knowing exactly what it was doing. Is DJI not supporting way points, because pilots use it to perform flights that aren't linked to the controller? Because there is no link, there is nothing the pilot can do if the drone gets into a precarious situation.

Guys, I really don't think that the next SDK will bring support to the Mavic 3, as it says nothing about that drone. Here is the screenshot of the official SDK roadmap from the DJI Developer website.
The Air 2S it's confirmed that will be supported on the December SDK update. Can't wait to use Litchi with my Mini 2!

Attachments

• unknown_2021.12.29-19.55.png
    unknown_2021.12.29-19.55.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: D_The_Producer
Yet not on DJI's own website? DJI Developer
It's always on the Github first that's where the work is done. when everyone agrees it's good to go then DJI may or may not say much about it right away.
There is NO DISPUTE 4.16 is in the wild and those who can use it will probably be working on it as I type this.

I thinks folks are getting super confused as usual. This is simply the Software Development Kit it's of no direct use to 99.999% of the flyers on these forums! It's going to be used at some point in the near future to develop applications like Litchi for some drones that have already been listed in a dozen threads. I personally don't "think" anything about the release I have only copied and pasted the info that is readily available to the public in the DJI SDK GITHUB thread/GIT.

DJI Mobile SDK for Android Latest Version 4.16​

What Is This?​

The DJI Mobile SDK enables you to automate your DJI Product. You can control flight, and many subsystems of the product including the camera and gimbal. Using the Mobile SDK, create a customized mobile app to unlock the full potential of your DJI aerial platform.

Integration​

Declare dependency via Maven:

<dependency>
<groupId>com.dji</groupId>
<artifactId>dji-sdk</artifactId>
<version>4.15.1</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<groupId>com.dji</groupId>
<artifactId>dji-sdk-provided</artifactId>
<version>4.15.1</version>
</dependency>
or Gradle:

compile 'com.dji:dji-sdk:4.15.1'
provided 'com.dji:dji-sdk-provided:4.15.1'
For further detail on how to integrate the DJI Android SDK into your Android Studio project, please check the Integrate SDK into Application tutorial.

Running the SDK Sample Code​

Developers can run the sample application to immediately run code and see how the DJI Mobile SDK can be used.

One of DJI's aircraft or handheld cameras will be required to run the sample application.

Development Workflow​

From registering as a developer, to deploying an application, the following will take you through the full Mobile SDK Application development process:

Sample Projects & Tutorials​

Several Android tutorials are provided as examples on how to use different features of the Mobile SDK and debug tools includes:

Learn More about DJI Products and the Mobile SDK​

Please visit DJI Mobile SDK Documentation for more details.

DJI Mobile UX SDK​

DJI Mobile UX SDK is a suite of product agnostic UI objects that fast tracks the development of iOS applications using the DJI Mobile SDK. For more details, please check here.

Device Health Information Json File​

You can find the hms.json and hms_match_sdkerror.json files in this repo's root folder.

It contains error code and detailed description for device components. Only supported by some components of Matrice 300 RTK and Zenmuse H20 series.

It is recommended to use device health information to replace old diagnostics for flight controller and RTK. There will be a few duplicated component error for gimbal, battery, perception module on Matrice 300 RTK.

Please refer to the table below for duplicated error:

DJIDiagnosticsError​
Enum Value​
AlarmId​
BATTERY_DISCHARGE_OVER_CURRENT​
3001​
0x110B0001​
BATTERY_DISCHARGE_OVER_HEAT​
3002​
0x110B0002​
BATTERY_LOW_TEMPERATURE​
3003​
0x110B0003​
BATTERY_CELL_BROKEN​
3004​
0x110B0006​
GIMBAL_CONNECT_TO_FC_ERROR​
2005​
0x1D030001​
GIMBAL_GYROSCOPE_ERROR​
2001​
0x1D040002​
GIMBAL_PITCH_ERROR​
2002​
0x1D040004​
GIMBAL_ROLL_ERROR​
2003​
0x1D040003​
GIMBAL_YAW_ERROR​
2004​
0x1D040005​

ProGuard​

If you're planning on optimizing your app with ProGuard, you can add the following rules to your app's proguard.cfg file:

• For AAR file, please use the following rule:
"-libraryjars ./PATH_TO_THIS_FILE/dji_android_sdk.aar"
Note: There are two types of DJI Android SDK: AAR and API Library folder, you can download them from DJI Developer Website: DJI Developer.

SDK Keys​

SDK Keys can be used as an alternative interface to access the product.

A detailed introduction for SDK Keys is here.

Missions Refactor​

Missions are an important part of the SDK as they allow developers to automate DJI's products using a simple, high level interface. In 4.0, missions are being refactored to be more robust and easier to manage.

A detailed introduction for missions is here.

Android Bridge App​

Please check this link to download the apk of the Android Bridge App apk file.

SDK API Reference​

Android SDK API Documentation

License​

The DJI Android SDK is dynamically linked with unmodified libraries of FFmpeg licensed under the LGPLv3.0. The source code of these FFmpeg libraries, the compilation instructions, and the LGPL v3.0 license are provided in Github.

The DJI Android SDK is dynamically linked with unmodified libraries of JTS Topology Suite licensed under the LGPLv3.0.

Support​

You can get support from DJI with the following methods:

Join Us​

DJI is looking for all kinds of Software Engineers to continue building the Future of Possible. Available positions in Shenzhen, China and around the world. If you are interested, please send your resume to [email protected]. For more details, and list of all our global offices, please check Jobs-DJI Recruits Genius.

DJI ꋛč½Æ件巄ē؋åøˆå•¦ļ¼ŒbasedåœØę·±åœ³ļ¼Œå¦‚ęžœä½ ęƒ³å’Œęˆ‘ä»¬äø€čµ·ęŠŠDJIäŗ§å“åšå¾—ꛓ儽ļ¼ŒčƷ发送ē®€åŽ†åˆ° [email protected]. ꈖ者åœØčæ™é‡Œęäŗ¤ę‚Øēš„ē®€åŽ†ļ¼šå¤§ē–†ę‹›č˜ ę›“å¤šå²—ä½čÆ¦ęƒ…čÆ·ęµč§ˆ 大ē–†ę‹›č˜.

Last edited:
Reactions: D_The_Producer
I thinks folks are getting super confused as usual. This is simply the Software Development Kit it's of no direct use to 99.999% of the flyers on these forums! It's going to be used at some point in the near future to develop applications like Litchi for some drones that have already been listed in a dozen threads. I personally don't "think" anything about the release I have only copied and pasted the info that is readily available to the public in the DJI SDK GITHUB thread/GIT.
We're talking about the SDK.

As for what is in the GITHub, I don't personally understand it, nor where there is anything other than a file called Readme that is titled 4.16, but references 4.15 inside.

I just hope that whatever it is means Litchi does it's thing very soon; they did say a couple of days once the SDK was out.

We're talking about the SDK.

As for what is in the GITHub, I don't personally understand it, nor where there is anything other than a file called Readme that is titled 4.16, but references 4.15 inside.

I just hope that whatever it is means Litchi does it's thing very soon; they did say a couple of days once the SDK was out.
Dronelink has already updated their software to work with the mini se and mini 2, Air 2S etc... Non believers can click the link below.

• Love
Reactions: SkittleBob
Dronelink has already updated their software to work with the mini se and mini 2 etc... Non believers can click the link below.

That link I do understand, thank you.

I don't have Dronelink, but shows how quickly they do their thing; Litchi should be imminent.

Reactions: Aairon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_