DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GOOD NEWS!!! SDKs will be available for Mavic 3 & Air 2S

We're talking about the SDK.

As for what is in the GITHub, I don't personally understand it, nor where there is anything other than a file called Readme that is titled 4.16, but references 4.15 inside.

I just hope that whatever it is means Litchi does it's thing very soon; they did say a couple of days once the SDK was out.
I contacted them on FB as soon as DJI published the SDK's new roadmap, and they said that they should have a beta available at the beginning of January. Pretty fast!!!

Yeah! Now I just don't know which one I should buy. They both cost 25 EUR🤔 Looks like tomorrow I am going to do a serious comparison between both apps!😁
Not sure on pricing and features for DroneLinks versions.
If wanting to avoid a monthly subscription, the 1-Time purchase plans range from $25, $50, $100.

The M3 may be above the M2P, and that model is listed in the Premium @ $50.

The “DJI Waypoints“ feture is shown in the Elite version @ $100.

The Mapping confuses me… Basic Mapping is included in Elite @ $100. Although Advanced Mapping is only offered in Subscription Middle & Top plans at $40 (billed yearly $480) or $60 per month. Didn’t find what was included in each.

My quick review, indicates $100 minimum DroneLink to obtain DJI Waypoints, to Litchi’s $25.

Pricing:

Reactions: SkittleBob
If wanting to avoid a monthly subscription, the 1-Time purchase plans range from $25, $50, $100.

The Mapping confuses me… Basic Mapping is included in Elite @ $100. Although Advanced Mapping is only offered in Subscription Middle & Top plans at $40 (billed yearly $480) or $60 per month. Didn’t find what was included in each.

My quick review, indicates $100 minimum DroneLink to obtain DJI Waypoints, to Litchi’s $25.

Pricing:
I did a similar comparison, determined the features I desired and came to the conclusion that Litchi was substantially cheaper to deliver them.

Last edited:

Pricing:
Yeah, Litchi is for sure a good deal. I finally got it and was testing it yesterday. I had a few problems, but I'm still not sure if the gimbal being manual, while set on automatic, was something that I did wrong or a bug. Still in beta version though.
I will buy Dronelink too eventually. A friend told me that we can get the basic $25 version and then switch to a more expensive plan, so I will start with the basic and move up.

Yeah, Litchi is for sure a good deal. I finally got it and was testing it yesterday. I had a few problems, but I'm still not sure if the gimbal being manual, while set on automatic, was something that I did wrong or a bug. Still in beta version though.
I will buy Dronelink too eventually. A friend told me that we can get the basic $25 version and then switch to a more expensive plan, so I will start with the basic and move up.
Yep, you can always move up! Although the M2P craft is not included in Basic, it wont work with DroneLink until $50 package so I'm sure M3 won't be either, and the M3Cine... it may be like the Inspire and be in the $100 package.

If you look at the link provided above, it shows crafts & features at various packages.

I've used Lutchi for years, their are also 3rd Party add-on Tools that enhance Litchi even more. The simplistic approach to quickly setting up a waypoint & POI ....ie for a construction loop, is quick and can easily be done on tablet when not connected or at site. Then opened on any device and ran has always worked seamlessly.

I tried DroneLink when in development, looked to be very strong product but also a learning curve I choose not to invest at the time when Litchi met my needs. Since then the price structure hasn't encouraged me to retry... I use Inspire 2 and M210 & M600Pro... the Matrice platforms require monthly subscription. On Litchi, I can make a mission with a M2P, then later pull up and use with I2 or M210 for one small cost.

Yep, you can always move up! Although the M2P craft is not included in Basic, it wont work with DroneLink until $50 package so I'm sure M3 won't be either, and the M3Cine... it may be like the Inspire and be in the $100 package.

If you look at the link provided above, it shows crafts & features at various packages.

I've used Lutchi for years, their are also 3rd Party add-on Tools that enhance Litchi even more. The simplistic approach to quickly setting up a waypoint & POI ....ie for a construction loop, is quick and can easily be done on tablet when not connected or at site. Then opened on any device and ran has always worked seamlessly.

I tried DroneLink when in development, looked to be very strong product but also a learning curve I choose not to invest at the time when Litchi met my needs. Since then the price structure hasn't encouraged me to retry... I use Inspire 2 and M210 & M600Pro... the Matrice platforms require monthly subscription. On Litchi, I can make a mission with a M2P, then later pull up and use with I2 or M210 for one small cost.
Oh, wow! It is awesome that you can make the mission in Litchi, then use it with the Inspire and the Matrice! To be honest with you man, I am a drone nerd I will get Dronelink just because I am dying to try it out😁

You are right about the M3, I was checking packages and for sure people will need the $100 license to use it with that aircraft. I think it might still be a good deal!

They announced an updated SDK for the Mini, Mini 2, and the Air 2S that'll work with iOS to be released March 31st, so at least they're moving forward.

Oh, wow! It is awesome that you can make the mission in Litchi, then use it with the Inspire and the Matrice! To be honest with you man, I am a drone nerd I will get Dronelink just because I am dying to try it out😁

You are right about the M3, I was checking packages and for sure people will need the $100 license to use it with that aircraft. I think it might still be a good deal!
Highly agree... I'll get the $100 DroneLink but won't go with the Subscription package to gain Matrice platforms, just isn't worth $480+ yearly for my limited work when other options available for minimal cost. MapsMadeEasy changed theirs to subscription too... and it's worth their low yearly cost for the package.

Still curious what the DroneLink's Subscription Advanced Mapping provides over Basic Map... was wondering if similar to DroneDeploy processing.

Highly agree... I'll get the $100 DroneLink but won't go with the Subscription package to gain Matrice platforms, just isn't worth $480+ yearly for my limited work when other options available for minimal cost. MapsMadeEasy changed theirs to subscription too... and it's worth their low yearly cost for the package.

Still curious what the DroneLink's Subscription Advanced Mapping provides over Basic Map... was wondering if similar to DroneDeploy processing.
Yeah, $480 is a lot of money, even more so for small businesses. I was talking to a colleague about subscriptions yesterday, and neither of us could comprehend why no one releases an app with a perpetual license at a good price. Coming from the music production world, I paid almost 600 EUR for my main software, but you could update it for 60 EUR every time they released a new version. There was a cheaper option though, a software that EVERYONE had because it was great and cheap. It´s too bad that in the drone world there is nothing like that... I would love for UgCS to do something like this. A 200 EUR software that you can update every year for 50 EUR or so. I'd gladly pay that. But 500 EUR or more every year, that is a lot of money.

Drondeploy looks great, but it is so expensive😓

Out of interest, which add-on tools would you recommend? I didn't know there were any (other than Magic Leash).

Reactions: D_The_Producer
Within Mavic Forum.. long thread but useful.
Thread 'Virtual Litchi Mission' Virtual Litchi Mission

One I like for maps or grids with Litchi.
DJIFlightPlanner

They also make a log and building Image verification tool product..
DJI AfterFlight

I've come accross several over time...some I read the ad & info page but now forgotten what key words I used to stumble onto them.

Google for Litchi add-on, Litichi Tools, Litchi Mapping for a few.
That should find some hits.

Yeah, $480 is a lot of money, even more so for small businesses. I was talking to a colleague about subscriptions yesterday, and neither of us could comprehend why no one releases an app with a perpetual license at a good price. Coming from the music production world, I paid almost 600 EUR for my main software, but you could update it for 60 EUR every time they released a new version. There was a cheaper option though, a software that EVERYONE had because it was great and cheap. It´s too bad that in the drone world there is nothing like that... I would love for UgCS to do something like this. A 200 EUR software that you can update every year for 50 EUR or so. I'd gladly pay that. But 500 EUR or more every year, that is a lot of money.

Drondeploy looks great, but it is so expensive😓
Actually UgCS does offer a perpetual license for $600.

That is a great SW Program too! Very powerful as well. Used to be dedicated to PC/Mac... althoght now you don't need computer in the field.

Actually UgCS does offer a perpetual license for $600.

That is a great SW Program too! Very powerful as well. Used to be dedicated to PC/Mac... althoght now you don't need computer in the field.
Yeah, but a bit expensive. When I paid 600 EUR for the music production software it was truly painful🤣

last week I wrote to DJI SDK support.

I asked them if they were planning on releasing the SDKs for the Air 2S and Mavic 3 and here is what they answered.

Hummels Lei (DJI)
2021年12月13日 GMT+815:52
Dear Serge
Thank you for contacting DJI.

Yes. We will release SDK for Air 2S and Mavic 3. And the mobile SDK version that supports Air 2s will be released at the end of December.

Hopefully our solution can help you.
Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support

We will have waypoints and other applications made by third parties. :)
Hi Helnet, do you have any more news abput this? can we expect waypoints or other app for the Mavic 3 any time soon?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica