DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good News

Speaking of HOAs... 4 years ago we discontinued cable TV and I put up two over-the-air TV antennas on a 12-foot mast at the west gable of our house. I informed the HOA management company that I was doing it and had a long conversation with one of the HOA managers about the FCC's OTARD rule. The HOA manger agreed that I was within my rights, regardless of the fact that the HOA CC&Rs (drafted in 1978) specifically stated that no outdoor TV antennas were allowed. Sorry, but the OTARD rule supersedes ALL HOA rules regarding TV antennas in the U.S.

Three weeks later I received a take-down demand letter from the HOA board. I immediately filed a grievance with the FCC and left my antennas in place. I also forwarded (again) all of the information about the OTARD rule directly to the association president.

One week later I received a telephone call from the association president to let me know I had a letter coming in the mail. It was an apology letter for sending me the take-down letter in the first place and it was signed by all of the association board members.

It is not being a "hothead" when a person stands up for their rights. When and where I fly my drone is of ZERO concern to ANYONE in my association. But I also don't fly low over other's property nor do I hover in one place for any extended time. I don't wish to make anyone feel uncomfortable. But if someone tries to tell me when and where I can fly my drone and I know I'm well within my rights to fly there, you bet your butt that I'll be standing up for my rights.

Mark

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d