DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Google Earth pro Showing Height

olodum111

Reactions
Been searching all the forums. I saw a post answering how to get Google Earth Pro to show a shaded area from kml waypoints to the ground. It is somewhere in Google Earth Pro settings, but I can't find that setting. Help! I know it's in Google Earth somewhere.

In the path properties -> Altitude -> expand path to ground

Hello Deule,

I have imported a AirData kml file & got the extend to ground to work. Thanks much! Now I am trying to get GE to fly the path with the Tour function. This a 2 min 6 second flight, but when I hit the "Play Tour" icon, it only plays from home to the first waypoint, which 10 seconds. Have I done the import to My Places folder correctly or is their a another process to get the GE to play the Tour of about 25 waypoints? Is there something I need to enable in Airdat before I execute the KML file? Kind of a newbie with GE and have an hour of Googling the problem. Any help or info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Art Lee

Just to give you a visual aid:
View attachment 60528
Just to give you a visual aid:
View attachment 60528
In the path properties -> Altitude -> expand path to ground
Hello Again Keule,

Just check what the Tour function was actually doing. It is zooming into the waypoint with the "Home" icon and just sits there. It's like it doesn't see the other waypoints. Is the "Extend path to ground" having an effect on the ability of GE to fly along the 25 waypoints? Am I trying to do something that GE can't do with AirData kml files?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78