DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GOOSE ATTACK!!

I'm not denying that. I wasn't trying to be a jerk but I understand better what the boundaries of that are from a gooses perspective now.
Didn't mean to sound harsh as I do hate it for you and you didn't come off as a jerk was just saying.
I have had geese come at me like that before walking by them.

didnt think geese were birds of prey

guess they are extremely hostile to drones

i once took a shot of an osprey (way to close would not have done if i had known what i know now) but he or she not sure was just barking @ me

geese will protect what they consider their property,this is why farmers use them to warn off strangers ,they are very aggressive in those situations and far better that any guard dog

Beat me to it they are very territorial and strange birds.
Unless bad mistaken they mate for life and if one dies that’s it for the other.
We have em by the thousands that stay here year round
not counting the others that come through during the migration. I fly around them in this big pool here but
if i see a pair I stay away if they are grounded like that
in the spring.

Those are definitely birds you do not wanna get close to. They will come after you every time. I guess you learned that the hard way unfortunately. Very costly mistake.

Reactions: old man mavic
Canadian geese are everywhere around here, I've been chased by them more than once. I've seen them attack kids at the beach many times! It takes a big stick to fend them off, drones don't stand a chance.

Reactions: old man mavic
I was surprised but I shouldn't have been. I know geese well enough from my encounters on foot to know how territorial they are right now, doing their nesting thing. I had to come up on them in order to get my drone and was attacked a second time, to the person who hoped they were not hurt. . . . they seemed to be in fine shape :)

I had a similar experience although, to be fair, the Pink Foot Geese just “buzzed “ the drone before flying off.
My heart sank whilst it was happening but I got away with it and in retrospect I got some great video.
I guess the battery is shot but we’re you able to save the drone?

Canadian geese are everywhere around here, I've been chased by them more than once. I've seen them attack kids at the beach many times! It takes a big stick to fend them off, drones don't stand a chance.

White swans the same way, except a lot bigger.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+