DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Gorgeous Adventure in Red Rock Canyon, NV climbing Part 2!

Karlewski

Reactions
Here's the second half of the amazing adventure I had, I start off heading west along a narrow exposed ridge to some scary 5th Class climbing, then reach Gun Sight Peak and Gun Sight Notch, finally descending breathtaking Terrace Canyon! Hope you enjoy it.

Wow. Oh to be young again, and then to have those skills I never had! :D And then the chicken in me says, "And that's when I saw the mountain lion stalking me."

I'm 50 now and one big reason I'm creating these videos is to capture those memories for later but, there are still lots of really cool adventures to be done then too. Using my e Mountain bike has made many of my adventures much more comfortable, at least the approach. I've never felt threatened by an animal, though I have felt being to close to some would provoke a fighting response. The mountain lion thing has happened here in CO but very very rarely. . .

Here's the second half of the amazing adventure I had, I start off heading west along a narrow exposed ridge to some scary 5th Class climbing, then reach Gun Sight Peak and Gun Sight Notch, finally descending breathtaking Terrace Canyon! Hope you enjoy it.
Karlewski-! OMG. Please be careful. You are scaring the hell out of me.

The part I did not put on the camera for scared me too, loose rock, and I chose to abort that mission. If I had not found a safer way, I would have returned the way I came. Anything can happen but, I do know my limits pretty well. It's like a monkey in a tree, what he does IS scary, he could fall and die but he does it all day all his life. I'm just another monkey, LOL! I regularly climb way tougher stuff, yesterday at the gym on a rope or the profile pic route. My biggest fears are associated to objective dangers, ones I can not control. . .

I live near the Cherry Creek state park. If you ever want a “second camera” on a local climb, I’d be glad to help. But, little to no climbing for me. I can fly up to where you would be. Just a thought. I fly a Mavic Pro Platinum.

That would be very cool. I do not want to put you out though. . . If there are places that you already want to fly and think may be cool for me to climb that could certainly be a win win. . . any high mountain places you are hoping to visit and fly this spring/summer?

Awesome!

I'll be posting my last video in Red Rocks canyon tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to get away to the desert one more time this spring, southern Utah this time I think. . . . maybe Zion. Any drone friendly venues with big exposed climbs would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock