DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got a strange phone call about possible work from Aquiline Drones....

spsphotos

Reactions
Got a phone message this morning that seems to have come from a company called Aquiline Drones. Was a little cryptic but the woman mentioned flighttothefuture.com and $150/hr with 2-hour minimum work. Did some research and found a press release from August 2020. Seems they offer training to get your Part107 (no need in my case...have that...thank you Pilot Institute), and a bunch of other "business" training. Seems like a cold call dangling large sums and will probably try to get me to sign up for their $1300 training courses. Also, they seem to be pushing their drones if I read the "step 4" training. Anyone else had any contact from them?

Got a phone message this morning that seems to have come from a company called Aquiline Drones. Was a little cryptic but the woman mentioned flighttothefuture.com and $150/hr with 2-hour minimum work. Did some research and found a press release from August 2020. Seems they offer training to get your Part107 (no need in my case...have that...thank you Pilot Institute), and a bunch of other "business" training. Seems like a cold call dangling large sums and will probably try to get me to sign up for their $1300 training courses. Also, they seem to be pushing their drones if I read the "step 4" training. Anyone else had any contact from them?
Have seen some of their ads on Social Media. Already did the "DartDrones" stuff myself. They still send me new stuff all the time trying to get me in more classes. Some useful, others not so much.

A buddy of mine does fly with a company out of TX on contract basis. He typically goes to commercial buildings like warehouses and gets shots they ask for. Don't think he is getting rich that way, but does help pay the bills some. He has had to travel up to a couple hundred miles for some of them.

Have seen some of their ads on Social Media. Already did the "DartDrones" stuff myself. They still send me new stuff all the time trying to get me in more classes. Some useful, others not so much.

A buddy of mine does fly with a company out of TX on contract basis. He typically goes to commercial buildings like warehouses and gets shots they ask for. Don't think he is getting rich that way, but does help pay the bills some. He has had to travel up to a couple hundred miles for some of them.
I'm on DroneBase, but haven't finished the onboarding. They wanted me to do a specific mission of my house but given where I live, not viable for what they want. And I'm in process of moving to a new house which might have a better location. If not, I'll just go to my friend's house...he lives off the road, big property and not in any controlled air space. But not going to happen till after my move. But, this company sounds fishy...and probably just wants to sell me on their courses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78