DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got great footage in Oregon but I feel proper editing can add much more - thoughts?

kabledesigns

Reactions
I shot on 2.7k which I loaded into 2720x1530 timeline in Final Cut Pro. Threw together my best clips and now am drawing a blank. Constructive criticism welcomed!

Reactions: Ed_2020
thank you i wasn't aware of this. i googled a bit:

"While holding C2 button operated and use right hand wheel to adjust gimbal left/right tilt"

Is this the most current fix for this issue?

There is a gimbal roll adjustment setting in the main screen on the go app, you hit the three little dots in the upper right hand corner will open up the menus then find one that looks like your camera in that settings area you can find adjust gimbal roll I do this in flight at some altitude so I can use the Horizon for a reference point

There is a gimbal roll adjustment setting in the main screen on the go app, you hit the three little dots in the upper right hand corner will open up the menus then find one that looks like your camera in that settings area you can find adjust gimbal roll I do this in flight at some altitude so I can use the Horizon for a reference point

Thanks is this something that needs to be done each time? Part of the pre filming checklist?

I usually check/correct mine while hovering. A quick way to check it is to look at the horizon after you take off. It's not always needed. Nice video.

Reactions: kabledesigns
Great shots, and a good choice of audio to go with them. Here's my constructive crit on the edit...

You'll gain an extra 30% greatness just by synching up your shot change to the rhythm of the audio. I notice you have one or two on the beat which is great, but if you re-time some of the other shots so that each cut is on the beat, then it'll make a world of difference.

As you have one or two already, the viewer anticipates the change on the next regular beat, and when it doesn't happen, the whole thing starts to feel disjointed. That's the + & - of having audio with a strong beat or rhythm.

Awesome thanks. I think the problem I have is that I cut down my best video clips to the optimal in and out and then when i drop them into a timeline with audio i never want to clip any off the front or the back and I kind of get stuck there. I guess this is part of the challenges of editing. I suppose I shouldn't be afraid to cut some clips down because the viewer will never know what was lost? Perhaps one technique would be to mark the audio points and make sure those fit the video and not worry about having every full "shot" in the timeline.

Awesome thanks. I think the problem I have is that I cut down my best video clips to the optimal in and out and then when i drop them into a timeline with audio i never want to clip any off the front or the back and I kind of get stuck there. I guess this is part of the challenges of editing. I suppose I shouldn't be afraid to cut some clips down because the viewer will never know what was lost? Perhaps one technique would be to mark the audio points and make sure those fit the video and not worry about having every full "shot" in the timeline.

That's pretty much it. I usually do a rough cut as you have with this to my preferred in/out of each shot then re-time it to the music in a more refined cut. Try it and see which you prefer.

At the end of the day, it's your film and you are free to edit it the way that pleases you :)

T
That's pretty much it. I usually do a rough cut as you have with this to my preferred in/out of each shot then re-time it to the music in a more refined cut. Try it and see which you prefer.

At the end of the day, it's your film and you are free to edit it the way that pleases you :)

Thanks for your help. That seems to be the biggest part I struggle with. Do you have any suggestions on what to do after you've marked out multiple audio points on the audio timeline? I am struggling with making them fit properly. Should I not be using the magnetic timeline? It seems everytime I hit one I'm screwing up the entire timeline.

Also! Do you know the keyboard shortcut to anchor the audio to a video clip? I have googled this so many times and I can never seem to find the right combo on purpose.

I usually check/correct mine while hovering. A quick way to check it is to look at the horizon after you take off. It's not always needed. Nice video.
The grid lines also makes for a great guide to straighten the horizon...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet