DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got my new 2 Pro, found a weird handwritten note inside

Probably a guy giving a girl in the assembly line his contact id on wechat (nobody use phone numbers and emails these days). And he’s been waiting every night in his dorm for her to message him.
It’s been a few weeks now. So he thinks she not interested in him. With a broken heart, he looks up into the night sky and cried “Stella...”.
A tragic tale of a failed love story. :(
The end. :)

Probably a guy giving a girl in the assembly line his contact id on wechat (nobody use phone numbers and emails these days). And he’s been waiting every night in his dorm for her to message him.
It’s been a few weeks now. So he thinks she not interested in him. With a broken heart, he looks up into the night sky and cried “Stella...”.
A tragic tale of a failed love story. :(
The end. :)

OR she is already in the death row since he posted her contact details....

Maybe it’s a Chinese phone number for a hot little drone assembler passed across the line while working.
Take a shot, it might be a girl, might be a boy. :D
She's trying to escape China, hoping someone in the west will decipher her note... Good thing CyberPower got it!

Reactions: geevee
So I did actually alert DJI to this the day I got it, and they got back to me yesterday. They say the note was accidentally left there by the person packaging it, but they want to be sure about the note and want me to test the drone for defects. :eek: I told them, I can't test the drone until the update the CS FW as it's currently not compatible. They come back saying they don't know when the next FW will be released, but told me to use my phone instead. I told them my phone doesn't fit in the clamp and it would be a hassle to operate it. They said they have adapter mount for that, and sent me a link to the product page. Naturally I go there to look at it and find it is out of stock. So I respond to them saying the part is out of stock. They get back to me and tell me I should sign up for email notifications, and re-iterate that they have no idea when the new FW will be released. I respond with, "I find it interesting you guys are able to inquire about a note left by a packager in the Chinese assembly line, but inquire to the engineering team about the projected release date." I haven't heard back. :p

I f
So I did actually alert DJI to this the day I got it, and they got back to me yesterday. They say the note was accidentally left there by the person packaging it, but they want to be sure about the note and want me to test the drone for defects. :eek: I told them, I can't test the drone until the update the CS FW as it's currently not compatible. They come back saying they don't know when the next FW will be released, but told me to use my phone instead. I told them my phone doesn't fit in the clamp and it would be a hassle to operate it. They said they have adapter mount for that, and sent me a link to the product page. Naturally I go there to look at it and find it is out of stock. So I respond to them saying the part is out of stock. They get back to me and tell me I should sign up for email notifications, and re-iterate that they have no idea when the new FW will be released. I respond with, "I find it interesting you guys are able to inquire about a note left by a packager in the Chinese assembly line, but inquire to the engineering team about the projected release date." I haven't heard back. :p
I find it interesting that you're holding a new drone, that you can't fly because it needs a FW update. Oops. This kind of stuff drives me nuts, oh wait kinda already nuts. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

did DJI ever ask to see the note? Looking at it should determine if it is a problem or not.

If that note was someone's "password" at Dji, it's probably changed by now.

Oh he could update it. He just doesn’t want to. He said as much.
Here's what I was referring to. " I can't test the drone until the update the CS FW as it's currently not compatible." He could use his phone but that's too much hassle. So, he could fly if he changes tablet to his phone. PITA

Keep the note and send the drone to me please, PM me for shipping address, I will pay shipping this end in Western Australia ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty