DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got my new M2P yesterday

Gizmo6257

Reactions
I love it. I have a few questions though. I have flown with Manuel and Auto settings. I think on a sunny day, I get just as good footage in auto. I know everyone says that Manuel is so much better, but it sure is a lot more work to keep everything right. What are your suggestions? I'm I doing something wrong, to where I would get just as good footage in Auto?

Manual to set exposure and then dial in ones shutter speed at twice that of the frame rate. If it cannot be achieved in the conditions then ND filters should be added to allow a x 2 setting. i.e. 30 fps = 1/60th of a second shutter speed.

This gives the most cinematic video as there is slight blur added to the footage.

What are your suggestions?
Use the settings that give you the results you want.

I'm I doing something wrong, to where I would get just as good footage in Auto?
You can get great footage in auto too. One of the biggest downsides of auto is that the light will change throughout the video as the drone turns since the camera will always be auto adjusting. Depending on what you're doing, that might not matter to you.

Reactions: Gizmo6257
RTFM, Watch plenty of YouTube videos on settings, Get some ND Filters.

Practice Practice Practice.

Use Manual settings on Video and Photo. Once you have learnt some of the settings tis easy.....

Onward and Upward.

Manual to set exposure and then dial in ones shutter speed at twice that of the frame rate. If it cannot be achieved in the conditions then ND filters should be added to allow a x 2 setting. i.e. 30 fps = 1/60th of a second shutter speed.

This gives the most cinematic video as there is slight blur added to the footage.
thanks

My impression, or photos in manual on sunny days, catches even so too much light?
Start thinking not use Histogram and use my eyes like old days...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast