DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got the Titan Atlas boosted antenna system today!!!!

Wow, this thing is awesome but so expensive man. Let us know how it works for you!!!
Yes its a bit expensive, but if your going to dump 1200.00$ on a drone and you live in a area covered in trees and wifi signals whats another 275.00$....... Titan drones is top notch and the customer service is 2nd to none!

I think i have a pretty sick mavic setup. Just money issues right now and that its in America, me from Canada, so expensive to ship here. Gonna try a cheaper unamplified mod but will get this or a dual bandwidth version (released later) to use with the mavic and spark.

I think i have a pretty sick mavic setup. Just money issues right now and that its in America, me from Canada, so expensive to ship here. Gonna try a cheaper unamplified mod but will get this or a dual bandwidth version (released later) to use with the mavic and spark.
Matter of fact I had my titan atlas sent to a friend in Canada then he brought the atlas to me.The shipping from FL, USA to Canada was not the much at all. Well worth the price!

Yes its a bit expensive, but if your going to dump 1200.00$ on a drone and you live in a area covered in trees and wifi signals whats another 275.00$....... Titan drones is top notch and the customer service is 2nd to none!
I'm having a lot of fun with the Titan Atlas. It really does a good job punching through the noise. For gits and shigs, I was thinking of installing a couple panel antennas on the roof and then connecting the wires to the front of Atlas unit where the whip antennas go. Been digging around the net and haven't seen much on roof mounted Mavic antennas but this is a rather inexpensive project so I thought I'd give it a go. Any thoughts?

Reactions: diveinstructor
I'm having a lot of fun with the Titan Atlas. It really does a good job punching through the noise. For gits and shigs, I was thinking of installing a couple panel antennas on the roof and then connecting the wires to the front of Atlas unit where the whip antennas go. Been digging around the net and haven't seen much on roof mounted Mavic antennas but this is a rather inexpensive project so I thought I'd give it a go. Any thoughts?
Cant wait to see what ever you come up with

Reactions: Ash77 and JManges
Would be cool to see! Let us know :)

Reactions: JManges
Would be cool to see! Let us know :)
Thanks. However, I think whatever I come up with will be kind of shallow on the cool factor because I'm just not that guy. Simple yet functional I hope. I found a fiberglass 22ft telescoping pole on Amazon. Think I'll start with mounting a panel antenna to that and go from there. That would make it portable enough to transition between my house and my RV that's parked in the Mojave desert not far from where they did "The Right Stuff" kind of flying back in the day. Kind of symbolic in that sense I guess. With a little luck, I'll be getting more range than my battery can handle. We'll see.

Reactions: diveinstructor
Thanks. However, I think whatever I come up with will be kind of shallow on the cool factor because I'm just not that guy. Simple yet functional I hope. I found a fiberglass 22ft telescoping pole on Amazon. Think I'll start with mounting a panel antenna to that and go from there. That would make it portable enough to transition between my house and my RV that's parked in the Mojave desert not far from where they did "The Right Stuff" kind of flying back in the day. Kind of symbolic in that sense I guess. With a little luck, I'll be getting more range than my battery can handle. We'll see.
Got a stick of beemans? ill pay you back later... great movie!!!! haha

Expect some signal drop with long cable runs.

Thanks to your advice, I'm going to go with 30ft of 400 series cable. The links you sent were very helpful but I found it cheaper elsewhere.

Please keep us posted on how everything turns out. I may be looking to do Something similar.

Next test will be over open ocean when before I always got very good distance with the stock antenna.

Cant wait to test the boosted system over the ocean!
Have you tried it? With CE and stock antenna, I can fly more than 3.6km flying over the ocean with signals to spare. I was limited by battery as it was windy. I believe 4km+ is achievable with CE and stock antenna.

With boosted Atlas (flying over the ocean), I am more interested in how much signal you still have when the AC must return home due to battery.

Have you tried it? With CE and stock antenna, I can fly more than 3.6km flying over the ocean with signals to spare. I was limited by battery as it was windy. I believe 4km+ is achievable with CE and stock antenna.

With boosted Atlas (flying over the ocean), I am more interested in how much signal you still have when the AC must return home due to battery.
I never had a range issue over open ocean. The reason why I bought the Atlas is the island I live on is covered in trees, wifi and ele wires and towers..... with stock I could never get over 300m without loosing signal. Today I got over 1k out with still full signal. So its proven to me that the Atlas boosted antenna system has done well over its job!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin