DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Titan Drones, Inc - ATLAS Antenna System

I'm in wooded area not RF/urban.
In a wooded area, the whips are far superior to the circular polarized of the Cyclone. Don't ask how I know. Fixed it though.

Antenna mods

Now I have both style antennas. I can tell you with certainty that you won't go wrong with any Titan Drones stuff. The Cyclone/Atlas form factor is a very equisite piece. Meticulously crafted and no short cuts.

Thanks James for your work.

Reactions: scottebay
In a wooded area, the whips are far superior to the circular polarized of the Cyclone. Don't ask how I know. Fixed it though.

Antenna mods

Now I have both style antennas. I can tell you with certainty that you won't go wrong with any Titan Drones stuff. The Cyclone/Atlas form factor is a very equisite piece. Meticulously crafted and no short cuts.

Thanks James for your work.
What about lateral signal? Is it any tolerance in that matter or is the Cyclone an absolutely directional antenna? That's one of the main points to me.

What about lateral signal? Is it any tolerance in that matter or is the Cyclone an absolutely directional antenna? That's one of the main points to me.
Titan states this is a panel antenna so it should be more directional than an omni, but fairly wide as far as "beam width" in front.
I can't speak to the rear since I don't know if they use a reflector in the design. Think flashlight versus spot or laser

Titan states this is a panel antenna so it should be more directional than an omni, but fairly wide as far as "beam width" in front.
I can't speak to the rear since I don't know if they use a reflector in the design. Think flashlight versus spot or laser
It makes sense. Thanks a lot for response!

Please post additional information or reviews of Titan's latest antenna system:

Titan Drones, Inc.
23a2f9_70b9ab411abb4060a4a7f66565ba91fb%7Emv2.png

I would like to purchase this system but I have to have one question answered first.

What are the charging options?

Is this wall charge only or can it be field charged with something like a phone charger?

I would like to purchase this system but I have to have one question answered first.

Is this wall charge only or can it be field charged with something like a phone charger?

There is a charge port on the back and a charger is included. When you buy this if you would do a range comparison vs stock. A screen recording would be nice, that way we can watch the signal losses on both setups. Important that the same route and altitude are considered for accurate comparison. Obviously you'd want to do the stock test before the remote modding unless you have two remotes. I think one guy went out 2000' @ 400' up in a wooded area stock before losing signal, and then used this kit and same route and altitude was able to go out 3800' and still had half a signal with no loss. It is sounding like a worthy investment more and more, like the other Titan products.

upload_2017-9-22_14-35-24.png
upload_2017-9-22_14-35-48.png

Last edited:
There is a charge port on the back and a charger is included. When you buy this if you would do a range comparison vs stock. A screen recording would be nice, that way we can watch the signal losses on both setups. Important that the same route and altitude are considered for accurate comparison. Obviously you'd want to do the stock test before the remote modding unless you have two remotes. I think one guy went out 2000' @ 400' up in a wooded area stock before losing signal, and then used this kit and same route and altitude was able to go out 3800' and still had half a signal with no loss. It is sounding like a worthy investment more and more, like the other Titan products.

View attachment 22071
View attachment 22072

Does not answer my question.
Looks like a RCA plug.

Directional for sure. If you have 5 miles los with no obstructions, the original cyclone is tough to beat. If you have any trees or other obstacles around you, use the omni directional whips, amplified preferred.

The included wall charger is 12 volt. Cell phones charge on much less. A small power inverter fixes the field charge issue if you are not totally off the grid.

The battery in the antenna lasts a long time. Probably 10 full flights by my estimation.

also with the Atlas if you buy some good cables and a gopro car mount it will allow you to fly comfortably inside your vehicle when it’s too hot or too cold or you doing some stealth urban flying like I do. Hopefully this weekend I’ll get time to get out and do some testing

6f272b47313abf3fbcf3f5cdef3d9002.jpg

Or leave the atlas inside the car and use a directional antenna

dc33ed262a0ed350066f0a0348cc4b54.jpg

45042f3811667e2cb56902f8e1b91b37.jpg

Yeah that's perfect, still would like to have options if not near a 12V socket.

Hey if its 12vdc that charges it, I assume its a 3S (3 cell) pack inside. Couldn't you wire up a spare 3S pack to connect to power it once its dead, kinda like they do the mod on the Mavic battery?

also with the Atlas if you buy some good cables and a gopro car mount it will allow you to fly comfortably inside your vehicle when it’s too hot or too cold or you doing some stealth urban flying like I do. Hopefully this weekend I’ll get time to get out and do some testing

6f272b47313abf3fbcf3f5cdef3d9002.jpg

Or leave the atlas inside the car and use a directional antenna

dc33ed262a0ed350066f0a0348cc4b54.jpg

45042f3811667e2cb56902f8e1b91b37.jpg

Your setup is freakin awesome. Looks like the FBI surveillance van! All you need to do is hand launch/catch the Mavic from the side window and stealth away.

I am a noob with antenna's and the Titan seems awesome, but really expensive and it seems like it could also gather unnecessary attention.

Is there a good middle ground in the ~$100-$150 range that works? I am in a heavily populated area, but I only fly over marsh, harbors, beaches, etc. Something that works with my MP, Spark, and P3A would be great, but the MP alone is fine.

Would the Titan help with low altitude flights? Low altitude is usually a couple of 5-20' off the water between high grass - marshes and streams.

The max distance I have gotten, while on a beach flying along the water line, was about 2300': so about 1/2 mile and the video cut off. I was still able to pull her back without RTH. The Spark got to about 1300' on the same stretch - with RC. I am not usually very high ~75-125' up and I know that raising things up can help, but it usually only helps to get video back and not really a signal booster.

Although, it seems like 2300' out does not sound too bad... but it's only enough to go so far into the area.

I appreciate the guidance.

I am a noob with antenna's and the Titan seems awesome, but really expensive and it seems like it could also gather unnecessary attention.

Is there a good middle ground in the ~$100-$150 range that works? I am in a heavily populated area, but I only fly over marsh, harbors, beaches, etc. Something that works with my MP, Spark, and P3A would be great, but the MP alone is fine.

Would the Titan help with low altitude flights? Low altitude is usually a couple of 5-20' off the water between high grass - marshes and streams.

The max distance I have gotten, while on a beach flying along the water line, was about 2300': so about 1/2 mile and the video cut off. I was still able to pull her back without RTH. The Spark got to about 1300' on the same stretch - with RC. I am not usually very high ~75-125' up and I know that raising things up can help, but it usually only helps to get video back and not really a signal booster.

Although, it seems like 2300' out does not sound too bad... but it's only enough to go so far into the area.

I appreciate the guidance.

Anything amplified should do better it would seem provided the antenna being amplified is at least as good as the stock one, in this case it's looking like a winner. Atlas is a boosted omnidirectional, and Cyclone is circular polarized and directional AND boosted, meaning you have to point to remote at the Mavic to get optimal signal. I do this anyway even with the stock antennas. When you're flying pay close attention to how your antennas are pointed and your signal strength, and where your drone is in relation to your position. From what people on here are saying that have the Atlas system, it sounds like you will roughly double your range, so in your case, that 2300' flying low may turn into over 4000' or more. Just making a guess. I'm waiting for a few more real world testers before I pull the trigger on it.

As far as gathering more attention, to me what gathers the most attention is that annoying RTH beep beep beep beep. When I was flying with my phone and RC one time at a hotel, someone thought I was playing a video game. Until the Mavic showed up outta nowhere and landed on the table in front of us. And they were amazed!!

PS:
One very important detail to check if you're flying over water or other non-landing worthy terrain, ensure on each flight your signal loss setting is not land, either RTH preferably, at at least hover. I can't think of any scenario personally where I would ever want my drone to land when I lose signal when RTH or Hover or two other options. I've lost signal trying to drop down too far when 2 miles out and all I did was hop in my truck and drive towards the drone and it reconnected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54