DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Titan Drones, Inc - ATLAS Antenna System

also with the Atlas if you buy some good cables and a gopro car mount it will allow you to fly comfortably inside your vehicle when it’s too hot or too cold or you doing some stealth urban flying like I do. Hopefully this weekend I’ll get time to get out and do some testing

6f272b47313abf3fbcf3f5cdef3d9002.jpg

Or leave the atlas inside the car and use a directional antenna

dc33ed262a0ed350066f0a0348cc4b54.jpg

45042f3811667e2cb56902f8e1b91b37.jpg
You dont lose a lot of signal running jumper cables? I know vert little about 2.4ghz. Love the setup

You dont lose a lot of signal running jumper cables? I know vert little about 2.4ghz. Love the setup

You can experience signal loss if you cheap cables or you make your cables too long. I purchased some good cables from this company below. I also have some cheaper cables that don’t work as well as the low loss cables from this company.
SMA - RP SMA Cable Assemblies | Citrus Cables Inc > RF Cable Assemblies > RP SMA Cable Assemblies > RP SMA - SMA Cable Assemblies

0f199d1c13914c05fdc5c1c21ae842b8.jpg

c55efe95e3fe3cec2a92aa4d207c0e64.jpg

Would it be possible to detach the antennas and run cables from them to elevate them on a pole? Or will there be to much signal loss from the cable?

He sent me a window mount, with the T Lock System. It could easily be mounted to a pole.

He also made heavy duty 6’ cables for me.

You can experience signal loss if you cheap cables or you make your cables too long. I purchased some good cables from this company below. I also have some cheaper cables that don’t work as well as the low loss cables from this company.
SMA - RP SMA Cable Assemblies | Citrus Cables Inc > RF Cable Assemblies > RP SMA Cable Assemblies > RP SMA - SMA Cable Assemblies

0f199d1c13914c05fdc5c1c21ae842b8.jpg

c55efe95e3fe3cec2a92aa4d207c0e64.jpg

It says it's RG-58 equivalent which is low loss at VHF frequencies but has huge loss at 2.4ghz. Did you tell them what frequency you were using this for?

It says it's RG-58 equivalent which is low loss at VHF frequencies but has huge loss at 2.4ghz. Did you tell them what frequency you were using this for?

I believe it says 195 series is a drop in replacement for RG58. not a equivalent for RG85. RG58 Is what MaxxUAV sales as high-quality antenna cable.

Long - High Quality Antenna Cables RG58 (8.75" or 22cm)

I’m no expert in cable and antennas I just tested a lot of different stuff if it works in the environment that I fly I use it. If it doesn't I try something new. So far from my testing of 6 feet of 195 I have not found any noticeable difference in range and signal strength compared compared to my other amplified configurations.

9389c3962a1bf3e43e218b160c93fddf.jpg

6de0851f1f6f6a2294b1be23513f33c6.jpg

195 series
Utilized in numerous applications where loss and performance supersede traditional RG58, RG8, RG213, RG223, and RG214 coaxial cables

Applications:
Mobile phone, Wi-Fi, Broadband, Satellite Antennas, Terrestrial Microwave, Medical, Military, Traffic Control, and Land Mobile Radio

Reactions: MrsTreat
I believe it says 195 series is a drop in replacement for RG58. not a equivalent for RG85. RG58 Is what MaxxUAV sales as high-quality antenna cable.

Long - High Quality Antenna Cables RG58 (8.75" or 22cm)

I’m no expert in cable and antennas I just tested a lot of different stuff if it works in the environment that I fly I use it. If it doesn't I try something new. So far from my testing of 6 feet of 195 I have not found any noticeable difference in range and signal strength compared compared to my other amplified configurations.

9389c3962a1bf3e43e218b160c93fddf.jpg

6de0851f1f6f6a2294b1be23513f33c6.jpg

195 series
Utilized in numerous applications where loss and performance supersede traditional RG58, RG8, RG213, RG223, and RG214 coaxial cables

Applications:
Mobile phone, Wi-Fi, Broadband, Satellite Antennas, Terrestrial Microwave, Medical, Military, Traffic Control, and Land Mobile Radio

Yes it will work in very short runs of 6ft or less but it isn't designed for 2.4ghz.

The included wall charger is 12 volt. Cell phones charge on much less. A small power inverter fixes the field charge issue if you are not totally off the grid.

The battery in the antenna lasts a long time. Probably 10 full flights by my estimation.
Hello, I would like to order this also but must know about the charger.... Im in indonshia where the power is 220V. The States is 110V. is the charger able to take in 220V?????

OR

Would something like this work???

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00AZSVDVC...=UTF8&colid=2H11CNSYSP5I&coliid=INDJ7O4TLLLID

Last edited:
Reactions: diveinstructor
Hello, I would like to order this also but must know about the charger.... Im in indonshia where the power is 220V. The States is 110V. is the charger able to take in 220V?????

OR

Would something like this work???

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00AZSVDVC...=UTF8&colid=2H11CNSYSP5I&coliid=INDJ7O4TLLLID
You gave the right idea. You need 110 volt for the charger with the antenna. Any way you get there is your choice. If the plug inside and outside diameter plus polarity are correct, that would work.

Researching 2.4 ghz low loss cables are REALLY expensive, hundreds of dollars

Man I'd love to get my hands on some good cable at least 25' long with minimal signal loss, so I can mount some omnidirectionals on a 20 foot pole which I already own (used to use for HDTV antenna reception.) Are there any this long that would actually work? And not cost $1000

Wonder if something like this would actually work? For a WiFi router external antenna setup.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OV9BGO0/ref=psdc_597550_t1_B006677GPI

Last edited:
Man I'd love to get my hands on some good cable at least 25' long with minimal signal loss, so I can mount some omnidirectionals on a 20 foot pole which I already own (used to use for HDTV antenna reception.) Are there any this long that would actually work? And not cost $1000

Wonder if something like this would actually work? For a WiFi router external antenna setup.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OV9BGO0/ref=psdc_597550_t1_B006677GPI

25ft of this will still have a good amount of loss. It will work but will have more signal loss then stock. True low loss coax would have a pretty large diameter.

Reactions: cderoche
Last edited:
I'll have to look into it more. Back in the CB days, when I ran an amp I had some mighty hefty cable, thick as can be, can't remember but I think it was RG6.

Probably RG8. That is the most common radio coax ever made. I've been a amateur radio op since 1980. CB is 27 MHz. We're operating at 2400-5800 MHz.

Right I realize the difference in frequency and also they do different things inside the cable. At the higher frequencies the signal tends to ride the edge of the wire, which is why at some point manufacturer will use wave guides instead of cable. Used to be an Avionics Sensors Maintenance Technician in the Air Force.

Wave guides might be the way to go!

I'll have to look into it more. Back in the CB days, when I ran an amp I had some mighty hefty cable, thick as can be, can't remember but I think it was RG6.

These look a bit larger in diameter.
951105 - 30' Extension Cable - Wilson 400 Ultra Low Loss Coax
My questions would be: A 20 foot mast with a cable like this would increase line of site and have signal loss. Does anyone know where the balance is? Is it a wash or is there enough of a positive to try it out it?Has anyone done so?

Yeah that's perfect, still would like to have options if not near a 12V socket.
Well you're not going to get any unless you get a power inverter like they make for photography OR one of those battery packs that can jump a car. I doubt that those have the proper jack nor a cigarette lighter adapter so you'd have to cobble one together.
The facts are all phones use 5v to charge - ALL of them.
Due to the nature of power, to provide higher power means you need a higher voltage to keep current and wire sizes down. So the boosters inside require a 12 vdc supply.
There are no design shortcuts.

Well you're not going to get any unless you get a power inverter like they make for photography OR one of those battery packs that can jump a car. I doubt that those have the proper jack nor a cigarette lighter adapter so you'd have to cobble one together.
The facts are all phones use 5v to charge - ALL of them.
Due to the nature of power, to provide higher power means you need a higher voltage to keep current and wire sizes down. So the boosters inside require a 12 vdc supply.
There are no design shortcuts.

5v minimum. Can use bigger ones for faster charging.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji