DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Titan Drones, Inc - ATLAS Antenna System

W

would love to see it, I have a great chance to get a already modded RC with Cyclone already installed. He also has the whip antennas.

That’s the dream! Just put them together! After opening mine it looks pretty straight forward. Two cables to go from the amps to the front for the whips, and then run the two patch wires out the top so they can connect to the same connectors... patch when you want a patch and whip when you want a whip!

Reactions: diveinstructor
That’s the dream! Just put them together! After opening mine it looks pretty straight forward. Two cables to go from the amps to the front for the whips, and then run the two patch wires out the top so they can connect to the same connectors... patch when you want a patch and whip when you want a whip!
So you have done yours like this also?

No! I live in in the Sonoran desert. Not a tree for many miles my friend.

My Stock RC works amazing for 90% of my stuff and the Cyclone is like my security blanket for my distance stuff.
Ah cool, ya im looking for someone who has already modded their cyclone into atlas, need advice on how its done and what parts you need etc etc

Do you think that the whips would be better with the threaded on SMA connectors?
I chose to have threaded bulkheads in place of quick connect because I did not want to damage a lead going inside to the panels by having the quick connect and that they sometimes are hard to get off. Like they pop off all at once and the momentum tugging cable.

Keep in mind....SMA and RPSMA are different. I've been using RPSMA for my P3P stuff.

I had a couple of quick question and I reached out to the vendor several days ago and they have not responded back.

Can you still use the controller without the MOD/Atlas? I would be okay using their new antennas, but I could see times where I would not want someone using the whole rig / distance is not important.

I'm not sure I would trust a kid with the extra weight.

2nd question: Do you recommend an updated holder that has a lanyard connection + could allow phone and smaller tablets along with this setup?

Thanks guys!

Anything amplified should do better it would seem provided the antenna being amplified is at least as good as the stock one, in this case it's looking like a winner. Atlas is a boosted omnidirectional, and Cyclone is circular polarized and directional AND boosted, meaning you have to point to remote at the Mavic to get optimal signal. I do this anyway even with the stock antennas. When you're flying pay close attention to how your antennas are pointed and your signal strength, and where your drone is in relation to your position. From what people on here are saying that have the Atlas system, it sounds like you will roughly double your range, so in your case, that 2300' flying low may turn into over 4000' or more. Just making a guess. I'm waiting for a few more real world testers before I pull the trigger on it.

As far as gathering more attention, to me what gathers the most attention is that annoying RTH beep beep beep beep. When I was flying with my phone and RC one time at a hotel, someone thought I was playing a video game. Until the Mavic showed up outta nowhere and landed on the table in front of us. And they were amazed!!

PS:
One very important detail to check if you're flying over water or other non-landing worthy terrain, ensure on each flight your signal loss setting is not land, either RTH preferably, at at least hover. I can't think of any scenario personally where I would ever want my drone to land when I lose signal when RTH or Hover or two other options. I've lost signal trying to drop down too far when 2 miles out and all I did was hop in my truck and drive towards the drone and it reconnected.

Thank you for your advice and for sharing! When I started to run into distance issues I did do some research and saw the recommendations. So, I certainly change positions and angles of the antennas as soon as the bars get lower. I looked back at airdata and it seems like I have gotten up to 6,400' (Beach run), and after the newest FW I can usually get around 2500' in mix environments or 4500' (most I have been willing to go..) with part land and part water.

Thanks for the tip on RTH. I have never trusted RTH and I have never used it outside of testing it under very limited conditions. If I see any video distortion I pull her back in.

I had a couple of quick question and I reached out to the vendor several days ago and they have not responded back.

Can you still use the controller without the MOD/Atlas? I would be okay using their new antennas, but I could see times where I would not want someone using the whole rig / distance is not important.

I'm not sure I would trust a kid with the extra weight.

2nd question: Do you recommend an updated holder that has a lanyard connection + could allow phone and smaller tablets along with this setup?

Thanks guys!

I just use my iPhone. But some say an iPad helps balance it all. If I used my iPad a lot I would get a MavMount.

And no, yes you can use the whips alone without the “box” with the amps and battery. They snap on just like the antenna does.

I just put in my order of the atlas and will have it around October 15th. Ill make a stock RC video range test, then ill try to run the same with the new modded atlas and let you guys know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll