DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Titan Drones, Inc - ATLAS Antenna System

I saw the post of the guy can't think of his name sorry made his cyclone to adapt whip antennas. So I guess it would be easy to put a patch antenna on the atlas without opening the unit up. Can anyone suggest a good patch antenna to mount on the front of the atlas? I think the atlas would be the best choice for both uses then considering you only need to buy a directional antenna and 2 cables.

I saw the post of the guy can't think of his name sorry made his cyclone to adapt whip antennas. So I guess it would be easy to put a patch antenna on the atlas without opening the unit up. Can anyone suggest a good patch antenna to mount on the front of the atlas? I think the atlas would be the best choice for both uses then considering you only need to buy a directional antenna and 2 cables.

I believe I read in a question reply in the Atlas video from Titan drones on YouTube that hinted that there could be a patch type directional antenna add-on coming for the Atlas.

Just thought I'd put Titan's whip antennas to use with my sunhans amps. Now, I have boosted whip antennas (similar to Atlas), and Cyclone (boosted patch antennas):

PA060003.JPG PA060004.JPG PA060006.JPG PA060007.JPG

Reactions: Adamcain112
I bought one like this from eBay. Works with or without amp unit. Effectively three different antenna systems, all from one Cyclone amplification unit. Or really as many as one would desire I guess.

Attachments

• 51E4G74hk1L._SL1026_.jpg
    51E4G74hk1L._SL1026_.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 86
I am going to buy the Atlas and hope the release a patch antenna for it or just buy one. I thought about the Cyclone but rather not open it up.
Was not an option when I purchased. Purchased Cyclone with the thought of the mod.

also with the Atlas if you buy some good cables and a gopro car mount it will allow you to fly comfortably inside your vehicle when it’s too hot or too cold or you doing some stealth urban flying like I do. Hopefully this weekend I’ll get time to get out and do some testing

6f272b47313abf3fbcf3f5cdef3d9002.jpg

Or leave the atlas inside the car and use a directional antenna

dc33ed262a0ed350066f0a0348cc4b54.jpg

45042f3811667e2cb56902f8e1b91b37.jpg
What cables do you use to attach the controller to the Atlas so there is enough length of cable to reach the Atlas outside the car?
6' pole it is..... :D

I live in a heavily wooded area, is this something that can give me a boost?

Is it difficult to install? I am pretty skilled in computer repair and good with tools.

Reactions: diveinstructor
Is it difficult to install? I am pretty skilled in computer repair and good with tools.
Just be very careful when you open the R/C! It can be tedious so take your time so that you done damage anything. Other than that it's pretty simple!

Watch the install video on youtube a couple times before you attempt.

The only challenging things were opening the case and removing OEM antennas. Just take your time...and all will be good.

I used the following two vids for reference:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11