DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got This Today...."Has your DJI Care Refresh Expired? Don’t Worry!"

Dronin

Reactions
Got This Today...."Has your DJI Care Refresh Expired? Don’t Worry!" email from DJI.

At first, I thought great, I can cover my MP for $80 for another year. Did anyone here do this? I also hear stories of disappointment with DJI Care Refresh. Eventually, the cost-benefit analysis will make this not worth it. But I have no interest in a buying new drone this year, $80 to insure that my Lil' girl has another year seems like it may be worth it.

It says you have to contact with Facebook messenger. I am an IT/Infosec guy, therefore I am duty bound to frown on all things Facebook :). I am not a regular FB user. Is this suppose to be a video chat in which they want to visually inspect the drone? Should I be wearing pants when I do this? :) If anybody went through this, I'd love to hear some thoughts.

Thanks

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
There's no need to contact DJI via Facebook. You can also email them at [email protected] for more details on purchasing DJI Care Refresh + if your DJI Care plan has expired.

If you have DJI Care now and it has not expired, you can purchase DJI Care Refresh + in the DJI Store here without contacting DJI.

Reading the details, it looks like this is a one time deal. You pay $79 upfront and then another $79 (?) if your Mavic is damaged so you can get a replacement. Doesn’t appear to cover any repairs, but they will let you know what a repair will cost, or you can opt for the replacement. I believe the first DJI refresh when I bought the Mavic covered up to 2 replacements, also requiring a deductible for each replacement.

My concern on the replacement is whether it’s new or refurb, and what is the warranty on that unit? Without some sort of warranty on the replacement, this entire deal may be a waste of money.

So far I have in excess of 500 miles on my Mavic and have had few issues, but it only takes one crash to make this worth it, if the replacement is as good as new. Peace of mind does have value.

For those of you that have used DJI refresh, what is your experience? Would you buy it again?

Last edited:
"Has your DJI Care Refresh Expired? Don’t Worry!"
Yeh, my Care Refresh just expired so ... Don't worry??? This is a total joke.

Previously had Care Refresh, just expired few weeks ago..
Received email offer. Willingly pulled out credit card to hand currency over to company.
Decided to go through the process of verifying that my Mavic is still flying properly.

From DJI CARE: "Once your video passes the verification, you will receive an email that provides information how you can purchase the DJI Care Refresh +. You can learn more about the video verification process through this link: DJI_Care Customer Upload Information. "
Their "AIRCRAFT VERIFICATION VIDEO SAMPLE" takes 8 minutes, this is from a demonstator who has rehearsed multiple times, and most likely done many takes to get it to flow, I can imagine this took a day for them to get it right.

So far I've spent 3+ hours following their requirements.....
I don't have access to someone who can help for a few hours to shoot the video.
You need to be reading their requirement notes, handling the MP(Drone), Battery, RC as well as operating a camera all at the same time, all while video-ing continuously, no stops, no putting down camera etc.
I don't have a video camera, so I could use my phone - but how do I mount the phone out in a field so I can show everything - it won't mount onto a tripod, if I try to hand hold and I put the phone down to touch the MP it will invalidate the video.
So I pull out an old stills camera that can shoot video, as I can mount it on a tripod.
So:
I watch their video.
Print out instructions.
Charge all batteries.
Pack up.
Walk to local park.
Set up Drone & camera.
Try 3x to get sequence - wind blows over tripod, stumble trying to remember where IMU is on menu, miss framing when trying to show GO4 app screen & so on...
4th attempt appeared to show entire sequence, but video camera turns off on last verification process (8 minutes in) as out of memory card space (old camera).
All batteries now flat.
Just got back and looked at video: the S/N isn't intelligible, the shots off the GO4 screen have high sky reflectance, and so on.
I still have to upload a nearly 2GB file to YT.
Upload will take my PC about 3 hours....
Then I "maybe" eligible to give them money.

Did I mention this before: THIS IS A TOTAL JOKE OF AN OFFER

Thank You. This is the kind of experience I was wondering/worried about. I may give it a go, at least I am prepared.

I just went through this process. I do have a video camera and tripod, my video was not great... on and off of tripod when needed, in and out of focus but I just went through the checklist and did the best I could. Video was about 14 mins long. Received email yesterday that it was approved.

Mine expired in January. Not heard a thing from them with a new invite.

Mine expires in November and I did purchase the + for the $79.... I have not used a refresh yet but to at least get one more chance for another year I am down to pay the $. It is almost an insurance policy against me convincing myself that I need a new bird as soon as my November date comes. Because I was still in the 1 year original refresh period, and had at least one refresh left, I just purchased it directly on the site and received an email saying it was covered with the same info as the first refresh but 2019 as the year it ends. No videoing necessary. Basically close to the price as a new battery that I am sure I will need to purchase in the next year. I have 3 but assume their lives are not infinite - I also assume I will make more than 1 mistake in the coming year and a half that may end up in me using the refresh so this is just a little peace of mind....

2 cents.

Got This Today...."Has your DJI Care Refresh Expired? Don’t Worry!" email from DJI.

At first, I thought great, I can cover my MP for $80 for another year. Did anyone here do this? I also hear stories of disappointment with DJI Care Refresh. Eventually, the cost-benefit analysis will make this not worth it. But I have no interest in a buying new drone this year, $80 to insure that my Lil' girl has another year seems like it may be worth it.

It says you have to contact with Facebook messenger. I am an IT/Infosec guy, therefore I am duty bound to frown on all things Facebook :). I am not a regular FB user. Is this suppose to be a video chat in which they want to visually inspect the drone? Should I be wearing pants when I do this? :) If anybody went through this, I'd love to hear some thoughts.

Thanks
I just looked at the instruction video from DJI to re-new Refresh and I agree with other people. Way too involved. I have a my Mavic Pro insured through Safeco on my home owners policy for $10 a year. No deductible, $1,300 replacement value, covers mysterious disappearance in case your drone gets abducted by an alien drone. It does count as a claim on your policy however.

Personally, I didn’t need to use my DJI care refresh and it expired. They sent this email to me too, but I’ve been flying this bird since Feb 2017 and have a good record.

Still running original .400 firmware with parameters unlocked for NFZ, altitude, speed restrictions.

Run through 6 props already from clipping tree branches and walls, but this drone survived a good amount of situations.

Reactions: ksmusa
I live in CA and, unfortunately, we cannot get drone coverage here unless it is part of my homeowners policy but I am not going to claim a $1000 drone loss and possibly have my rates go up. I have read a bunch of posts on this forum about State Farm or other policies for ~$60/yr with no deductible but I think you'd have to state that loss when shopping for any insurance in the future?

Sadly I went through a similar negative experience trying to get a good video. I wore a GoPro head mount and was never able to get the sn in focus, and lots of glare on the phone. I said screw it and submitted it anyways.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuiceThe6One