DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gotten insurance with State Farm? If so please read!

A little clarification on the cost of insuring with StateFarm.

The $60.00 cost I see listed in a number of posts is one that fluctuates based on what you are insuring. I myself have a P3P, a Mavic Pro Fly More Combo and an Autel XSP along with multiple cases, extra batteries and chargers included on the policy. My policy runs $104.00 yearly for $3784 in coverage. The policy has no deductible. My agent and policy is in Pa.

As far as accessories being covered, be careful here. My agent originally added my tablets thinking they could be covered. I received an email from my agent a week later with the bad news. They cannot be covered. I received an adjustment refund a few days later.

Something else worth mentioning. Make sure your agent lists all the accessories as separate line items in case of loss or theft.

Where in Pennsylvania are you? I'm in the Lehigh Valley and am looking for a SF agent for this. I don't want it on my homeowners because there is a deductible that would negate the whole point of insuring the Mavic.

Where in Pennsylvania are you? I'm in the Lehigh Valley and am looking for a SF agent for this. I don't want it on my homeowners because there is a deductible that would negate the whole point of insuring the Mavic.

I'm in Franklin County.

Give Erin a call and tell her Art Carbaugh refereed you. I was the first drone policy for this agency so she's very familiar with it.

StateFarm_PA_MD.jpg

Has anyone found a policy in California?

+1

I do not think we can get insurance in CA. I am going to have to keep my Care Refresh and deal with DJI when the time comes.

Friday - visited State Farm, Ryan Otten, Glen Carbon, IL 618-205-1000

We discussed Mavic Pro PAP. I'm going to go to them Monday to write the policy. He wanted to see the machine and items involved with the purchase reciept. He indicated he wanted to see it fly.

There is no deductible. It covers damage (from a crash), repairs (from a crash), unintentional fly-away, suspicious fly-away, basically all the bases covered.

Incidently, the PAP policy is $2.00 / $100 of drone value coverage. Other items can be covered under this policy for $0.50 / $100 of the items value.

In my case, I'm covering the machine, controller, and battery... $1,000 or $20.00 of the $60 premium. We'll be covering other items in the policy (guitars, camera, computer, tablets, etc...) for the remaining $40 of the premium or $8,000 of value in the other items.

Great way to get some piece of mind. Seems like a much better program then DJIcare.

Last edited:
Friday - visited State Farm, Ryan Otten, Glen Carbon, IL 618-205-1000

We discussed Mavic Pro PAP. I'm going to go to them Monday to write the policy. He wanted to see the machine and items involved with the purchase reciept. He indicated he wanted to see it fly.

There is no deductible. It covers damage (from a crash), repairs (from a crash), unintentional fly-away, suspicious fly-away, basically all the bases covered.

Incidently, the PAP policy is $2.00 / $100 of drone value coverage. Other items can be covered under this policy for $0.50 / $100 of the items value.

In my case, I'm covering the machine, controller, and battery... $1,000 or $20.00 of the $60 premium. We'll be covering other items in the policy (guitars, camera, computer, tablets, etc...) for the remaining $40 of the premium or $8,000 of value in the other items.

Great way to get some piece of mind. Seems like a much better program then DJIcare.

So Mavic Pro plus $8k of personal items?! You really cant beat that me thinks!

Reactions: Falcon1az
Here is the current "coverage".
xiVhZgj.png
I am covered by State Farm in Utah-

Reactions: jointeffort
Got a policy in GA today with Jacob Hiers. I called 3 different agents and he had the best policy rate, was the most knowledgable and fastest to return my call....

Got mine covered in wa state, 30$ a year, 100 deductible. Sounds good to me! And makes more sense that the 0 deductible i keep hearing about, i think the first few will get through but no way they are doing that for long, Just got papers in the mail today, went by sf a few weeks ago and got it written that day.

Last edited:
I got mine insured in Washington state through State Farm. $39/year with zero deductible covers $1500. I drive down to San Diego, CA several times a year so I'm glad I can fly it there and still be covered. Good think I got into this drone stuff right after I moved north. Sucks that California doesn't want to cover drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka