DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPC Attachment Lanyard

AlanB

Reactions
This is your warning if you buy a GPC attachment for the bottom of your smart controller. The attachment is of high quality...the warning is for the the cheap *** lanyard they include. It is designed for a whistle or a name tag...not the weight of a smart controller. My smart controller fell from the lanyard to the ground because the cheap “free” lanyard that was included failed. The quality is terrible..I am very disappointed in GPC!! Cheap... I would think they should stop giving these away and cease and desist from associating their name with items of such poor quality!! Throw yours in the trash before you drop your smart controller!!
Like me...

This is your warning if you buy a GPC attachment for the bottom of your smart controller. The attachment is of high quality...the warning is for the the cheap *** lanyard they include. It is designed for a whistle or a name tag...not the weight of a smart controller. My smart controller fell from the lanyard to the ground because the cheap “free” lanyard that was included failed. The quality is terrible..I am very disappointed in GPC!! Cheap... I would think they should stop giving these away and cease and desist from associating their name with items of such poor quality!! Throw yours in the trash before you drop your smart controller!!
Like me...

Any pictures?

I’ll guess and say it was likely not the lanyard itself, but the metal clasp.
The controller is not a lightweight!

Reactions: RogerMav
It was the metal part of the clasp that failed...the upper hoop separated from the lower clip. Looking back on it...I should have known it was cheap and to trust my controller to this ... my error!

Reactions: RogerMav
It was the metal part of the clasp that failed...the upper hoop separated from the lower clip. Looking back on it...I should have known it was cheap and to trust my controller to this ... my error!

My advice would s to buy a higher quality lanyard....please inspect what the clipping mechanism is...is it 2 parts? If it is ...don’t buy!

I have one and thanks for the warning. I may only use it as a teather for an accidental drop and not as an instrument for dangling the SC from my neck while using my hands for tasks.

Reactions: ff22
Yeah I don't like it because it is too short but I just tried to "break it" by pulling hard on it and it held up to at least 30 lbs of pull. Using my calibrated espresso tamping arm ;) But for real it seemed pretty solid.

With that kind of bicep test the broken metal clasp that AlanB experienced hopefully may have been an aberration!

I have enjoyed the overall build quality of GPC cases; a manufacturer can be great but they can be sidelined by a poor supplier of something like the clasp. Perhaps you may wish to let GPC know of the deficiency.

Beware , GPC tried to downplay it as an item that they had never heard of with thousands out in the marketplace. One break is too many! They didn’t offer to take care of any damage or take any responsibility...

Nametag lol.
Looking at it though, It is as crappy and generic as lanyards come.
Made of Stamped Zinc perhaps
While you weren't watching the opening scene from Cliffhanger was playing out

Hopefully not to much damage to the controller?

Controller is ok?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54