DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS Locators

yeah i agree. built-in gps are dependent to drone's battery. once the drone is out, there is no way to track it nonetheless if the drone already fell and record its location
I agree. Nowadays, "Luck" is the key to finding lost drones.

how is it going so far?
Great timing for that question JoBri lol! I had a mishap this past Sunday where I hit some branches at the top of a tree resulting in a crash :(
The only positive out of my experience was I got to test out my Marco Polo. It took about 30 - sec to a minute to connect to the tag then led me right to it. I'm glad I bought this, it works great and no cell service needed. :)

Last edited:
Great timing for that question JoBri lol! I had a mishap this past Sunday where I hit some branches at the top of a tree resulting in a crash :(
The only positive out of my experience was I got to test out my Marco Polo. It took about 30 - sec to a minute to connect to the tag then led me right to it. I'm glad I bought this, it works great and no cell service needed. :)
**** that was bad :( but how's the drone?

now that's what I call luck! but how bad was the crash tho? was it alright?

now that's what I call luck! but how bad was the crash tho? was it alright?
The left rear prop leg was stuck down into the soft dirt when I located it. Once I got back to the launch point I cleaned off all the dirt and put a new set of props on it. The rear leg was moved a bit as when I tried to fold it the leg scraped a bit against the body due to the leg being shifted and a crack in the body where the leg attaches. Surprisingly it still flew but was giving me system errors, forward and bottom sensors not working etc. Luckily I bought DJI Refresh so I dropped it at UPS this past Monday and it is slowly making it's way to DJI in California - 5 day shipping from NY :(
I had also put a Wrapgrade Stratosphere Blue skin on it only 1-1/2 weeks ago, it definitely protected the Mavic as there were areas where the wrap was scraped off. I'm now contemplating on either doing the same color when I get my replacement bird or going with Neon Yellow or Neon Orange.

20180423_005312.jpg 20180423_005154.jpg View attachment 36601 View attachment 36600

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBri
The left rear prop leg was stuck down into the soft dirt when I located it. Once I got back to the launch point I cleaned off all the dirt and put a new set of props on it. The rear leg was moved a bit as when I tried to fold it the leg scraped a bit against the body due to the leg being shifted and a crack in the body where the leg attaches. Surprisingly it still flew but was giving me system errors, forward and bottom sensors not working etc. Luckily I bought DJI Refresh so I dropped it at UPS this past Monday and it is slowly making it's way to DJI in California - 5 day shipping from NY :(
I had also put a Wrapgrade Stratosphere Blue skin on it only 1-1/2 weeks ago, it definitely protected the Mavic as there were areas where the wrap was scraped off. I'm now contemplating on either doing the same color when I get my replacement bird or going with Neon Yellow or Neon Orange.

View attachment 36603 View attachment 36602 View attachment 36601 View attachment 36600
Good thing you've subscribe yourself to their insurance. Would love to see any of your work once you've received your new drone at your doorstep :)

So true Lauren...as for my work I am new to this so I have to figure out how to edit videos and add music yet.
it's very easy to learn as long as you're truly dedicated. there are lots of tutorials on youtube. i wish you luck and keep flying :)

View attachment 36603 View attachment 36602 View attachment 36601 View attachment 36600
Wow! i didn't know it was that bad :( well I hope this won't stop you from flying again. I'd suggest a Neon Yellow would look catchy ;)

Reactions: ryanolivas
Wow! i didn't know it was that bad :( well I hope this won't stop you from flying again. I'd suggest a Neon Yellow would look catchy ;)
It definitely won't stop me from flying again, can't wait to get flying but I am grounded for now until the new one arrives.
Yeah I was thinking yellow would look catchy and be more visible just not sure if I like not being "incognito".

Reactions: JoBri
last known location (since that's pulled from the local flight log)

Or on the extremely rare occasion the logs do not show what actually occurred. On my crash, the crash is not in the logs. I had the video on and the crash was recorded but not in the logs it appears.

Rare but . . . .

Another example would be a crash where there just happens to be no cell coverage. I paid a little over $1K for my MPP FMP, the cost of the Marco Polo is small change to give me a better shot at getting it back. My $0.02

If you can handle the worst case, everything else is a piece of cake.

Reactions: rwlindmavic
It definitely won't stop me from flying again, can't wait to get flying but I am grounded for now until the new one arrives.
Yeah I was thinking yellow would look catchy and be more visible just not sure if I like not being "incognito".
just becareful next time tho. and best of luck with your new arrival. happy flying Thumbswayup

Or on the extremely rare occasion the logs do not show what actually occurred. On my crash, the crash is not in the logs. I had the video on and the crash was recorded but not in the logs it appears.

Rare but . . . .

Another example would be a crash where there just happens to be no cell coverage. I paid a little over $1K for my MPP FMP, the cost of the Marco Polo is small change to give me a better shot at getting it back. My $0.02

If you can handle the worst case, everything else is a piece of cake.
Getting extra GPS to track your drone is somewhat a boy-scout yet it saves you! I have mine to but it uses 3G to track that device down

well i've been using the mpolo for a couple of months now. it works ok but im a bit concern with the size. its a little big. im thinking of switching to trackimo.
well i've been using the mpolo for a couple of months now. it works ok but im a bit concern with the size. its a little big. im thinking of switching to trackimo.[/QUOTE\
well i've been using the mpolo for a couple of months now. it works ok but im a bit concern with the size. its a little big. im thinking of switching to trackimo.
Did you get the advanced model (waterproof)? I have the ultralight which is definitely smaller than the Trackimo...

The Marco Polo Ultralight tag is smaller and about half the weight of the smallest Trackimo. Even the waterproof Marco Polo Advanced tag is only 2 grams more in weight than the smallest Trackimo device and both Marco Polo tags will work where there is no cell coverage. It is doubtful that 2 grams is going to make any difference but landing in a spot where your tracking system won't work - that is going to make a BIG difference!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929