DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great DJI Service

TomK...

Reactions
I bought a new Mavic 2 Pro last October and have had some inconsistent failures of the barometer whenever the weather drops below 40 degrees. Last spring as the local weather warmed up the problem went away. Now that the weather dropped below 40 degrees again the barometer errors came back along with two very scary flights before I could get the drone on the ground. Looking at the logs, the barometer failed midway into both flights and the temperature was 39 degrees on one flight and 35 degrees on the second flight. The drone specs say the temperature range for flight is between -10 and 40 degree C (14 and 104 degree F). I contacted DJI they say send it back and we will fix under warranty. I sent the drone back with an RMA that they paid for on a Friday. Monday, I had an email saying they had received the drone and was waiting for diagnostics. Tuesday, they sent me an email that they were sending the drone to the repair and shipping department. Wednesday, I got an email saying they had repaired the drone and were shipping it and to expect delivery on Monday.
Monday I received the drone and they had sent me what looks to be a brand new drone serial number and all… Plus I had forgot to take my polarizing filter and memory chip out before sending it in and they had sent those back as well.
I’m flabbergasted at the service I received from DJI… There may be others that haven’t had this result, but I am impressed! Great job DJI, my next drone will probably be a DJI as well.

Glad you had a good experience Tom I have always also.
Lots post they don't and don't doubt them it's just good to see positive post like your's . Thumbswayup

Reactions: Thomas B
I just had good service also. My Mavic 2 Pro kept prompting me to calibrate the compass but it wouldn't let me do it. About 1 1/2 weeks and $119 and I have a new one. Shipping was covered also.

I have many stories of DJI repair and ouch. However I can say a few stories in between were fine and almost wonderful. And scary that they just can't maintain that consistency.

Reactions: DonStrahl
people who are happy usually don’t blog it
No doubt! Most people are only quick to spread the word when they have problems.

I bought a new Mavic 2 Pro last October and have had some inconsistent failures of the barometer whenever the weather drops below 40 degrees. Last spring as the local weather warmed up the problem went away. Now that the weather dropped below 40 degrees again the barometer errors came back along with two very scary flights before I could get the drone on the ground. Looking at the logs, the barometer failed midway into both flights and the temperature was 39 degrees on one flight and 35 degrees on the second flight. The drone specs say the temperature range for flight is between -10 and 40 degree C (14 and 104 degree F). I contacted DJI they say send it back and we will fix under warranty. I sent the drone back with an RMA that they paid for on a Friday. Monday, I had an email saying they had received the drone and was waiting for diagnostics. Tuesday, they sent me an email that they were sending the drone to the repair and shipping department. Wednesday, I got an email saying they had repaired the drone and were shipping it and to expect delivery on Monday.
Monday I received the drone and they had sent me what looks to be a brand new drone serial number and all… Plus I had forgot to take my polarizing filter and memory chip out before sending it in and they had sent those back as well.
I’m flabbergasted at the service I received from DJI… There may be others that haven’t had this result, but I am impressed! Great job DJI, my next drone will probably be a DJI as well.
I too had great service. Never a problem.

DJI no longer repairs drones, despite the impression created that they do. If there is a repair issue, whether warranty or otherwise, a repair estimate is always created, and then the repair estimate is paid by the owner or comped by DJI, or a Refresh deductible paid, and then a brand new drone is sent out. That was also my experience, and what I was repeatedly told by a senior support manager. Your experience is also consistent with it. It enables a very quick turnaround. Not sure what is done with the unrepaired original drones, but I suspect they are all sent back to China for repair there, at their cheaper labor rates, or stripped for parts there, or just buried in a landfill. DJI's cost of a new unit is probably far less than even their cost to repair it.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair