DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great photo - did I use Style->Custom of "0/0/0" or "0/-2/-3" ?

RonanCork

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Hoping you can help me with this ? Not sure if I've the correct sub-forum but you can let me know.

On my Mavic Air recently I've been trying out differing 'style settings' (i.e. Sharpness / Contrast / Saturation) for taking photos . As you know it defaults to "Standard" (which is 0 / 0 / 0).

So I took one photo recently which I really love but I can't remember what I'd the settings set to at the time (I know I'd the style set to "Custom" for sure). As I changed them afterwards for video.

I have the actual RAW image - is there any way I can see (maybe in Lightroom?) what the originaly custom style settings were ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Ro

is there any way I can see (maybe in Lightroom?) what the originaly custom style settings were ?
Try some test shooting of the same scene with both settings and comparing should help you tell which it was.

Reactions: RonanCork
The benefit of shooting RAW is you have more options for tweaking the image in post processing.

Your custom settings, while they are applied to the image you see in the live view, won’t be applied to the RAW file written to your Micro SD card (they will effect jpg’s).

Reactions: ChrisP17
I think the RAW photo does not contain the style information, since the RAW is just the RAW. The style gets applied when the RAW is converted into JPEG. So, what you'll need to do is right-click on the JPEG and go to "Properties" and then "Details". There you will find all the information that is stored in the image's EXIF data. If there is anywhere where the info is stored, you can find it there.

The benefit of shooting RAW is you have more options for tweaking the image in post processing.

Your custom settings, while they are applied to the image you see in the live view, won’t be applied to the RAW file written to your Micro SD card (they will effect jpg’s).

Hey,

Thanks for that - very interesting. So If shooting RAW (which I always do and I then edit them in LightRoom) I don't really need to worry about as much about what's set in the Style section.

Thanks Ronan.

Reactions: PAW
Hi Guys,

Hoping you can help me with this ? Not sure if I've the correct sub-forum but you can let me know.

On my Mavic Air recently I've been trying out differing 'style settings' (i.e. Sharpness / Contrast / Saturation) for taking photos . As you know it defaults to "Standard" (which is 0 / 0 / 0).

So I took one photo recently which I really love but I can't remember what I'd the settings set to at the time (I know I'd the style set to "Custom" for sure). As I changed them afterwards for video.

I have the actual RAW image - is there any way I can see (maybe in Lightroom?) what the originaly custom style settings were ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Ro
Can you share the image, I would like to check it out..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803