DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great Storage Option for your mavic videos

TrayBoz

Reactions
Just FYI, you can now buy the Western Digital MyStore 4TB external hard drive at Best Buy or on Amazon for $97. It is about the size of a cigarette box and is powered by the USB cable, so there is no extra power cable. It is fast and uses USB 3.0. Works with Windows or Mac (OR XBOX or PS) - 3 year warranty.

I picked one up and it works great.

4 Terrabytes will hold a LOT of 4K videos.

Just FYI, you can now buy the Western Digital MyStore 4TB external hard drive at Best Buy or on Amazon for $97. It is about the size of a cigarette box and is powered by the USB cable, so there is no extra power cable. It is fast and uses USB 3.0. Works with Windows or Mac (OR XBOX or PS) - 3 year warranty.

I picked one up and it works great.

4 Terrabytes will hold a LOT of 4K videos.

Great value.

I think you means EasyStore. The WD names for their portable external drives are typically My Passport and EasyStore.

I have several of the 4 GB WD EasyStore drives that I use as backup drives. Thus far they have all worked well. Best Buy runs them on sale quite often at $99.

Reactions: Aerial West
If you need it as portable option then yes, if you just need regular storage then there are good deals for their 8TB Drive often dip to $140 ($160 now - not a bad price either as they were $180). Not as portable and it is a bigger and heavier drive/enclosure but a good storage solution.

Reactions: Former Member
If you need it as portable option then yes, if you just need regular storage then there are good deals for their 8TB Drive often dip to $140 ($160 now - not a bad price either as they were $180). Not as portable and it is a bigger and heavier drive/enclosure but a good storage solution.

Im not a computer genius, so do you think a normal Win 10 desktop can handle an 8tb internal drive?

Im not a computer genius, so do you think a normal Win 10 desktop can handle an 8tb internal drive?
There are internal and external drives. The external I mentioned is also USB3 - just a larger drive (not as portable as OP) is https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-...-3-0-hard-drive-black/5605510.p?skuId=5605510 . If you have Windows 10, it should be able to support it as the "support" aspect is in the way you format / initialize the drive initially, using the right partition Windows 10 will recognize it.

But if you have a a space in your computer you can get an 8TB internal drive. What I mean by "space in your computer" is physical space to put it in the desktop, computer has an extra slot to plugin the SATA cable, PSU has extra cable to connect power to the drive.

It depends on the computer, not the OS. I have a tower computer with empty bays that have the wiring in place yet the motherboard will not support an extra drive. I guess the software and hardware designers couldn't agree so they both did their own thing.

Thumbswayup

Always helps to have a backup drive.

Use a backup service like backblaze.com that backs up all your connected drives for $5 a month.

It's pretty slow to retrieve your data but at least it is backed up offsite.

Nb there are plenty of other backup services like this one - it just happens to be the one I use.

Use a backup service like backblaze.com that backs up all your connected drives for $5 a month.

It's pretty slow to retrieve your data but at least it is backed up offsite.

Nb there are plenty of other backup services like this one - it just happens to be the one I use.
Have you tried any other ones like Amazon, Google, or Box? I have all 3 of them and I'm not 100% satisfied with any of them. I think online or cloud backup is a great alternative.

Have you tried any other ones like Amazon, Google, or Box? I have all 3 of them and I'm not 100% satisfied with any of them. I think online or cloud backup is a great alternative.

I use dropbox and have used Gdrive but these are for very different use cases, and more to do with sharing and quick backup.

Backblaze runs in the background constantly on my main PC and quietly backs everything up to 'the cloud' at a single fixed cost. I've got a few TB of media files and 4k video here.
It's not a permanent storage though so if you delete your local files they will also get removed from their servers after 30 days.

For me it's a good insurance against theft or more likely a catastrophic HD failure.

I use dropbox and have used Gdrive but these are for very different use cases, and more to do with sharing and quick backup.

Backblaze runs in the background constantly on my main PC and quietly backs everything up to 'the cloud' at a single fixed cost. I've got a few TB of media files and 4k video here.
It's not a permanent storage though so if you delete your local files they will also get removed from their servers after 30 days.

For me it's a good insurance against theft or more likely a catastrophic HD failure.

So it's sort of like s sync?

Reactions: Malcx
Do you mean r sync? If so then yes but very cheap for *unlimited off site storage

Yes I just meant sync. :)

Yes very cheap. Do you like syncing files between PC and online? I think it would make life easier to have it run in the background as you say, instead of having to manually backup up.

i get my drives from amazon but like most places you need to check the drive type,some are meant for occasional use and then theres networking drives for 24/7 use
chances are when low priced drives are bought your getting the bottom of the barrel.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu