DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greeting from the Arizona Desert

This all started with a challenge over a few glasses of wine and what to do in retirement. Next day it sounded like a good idea to try and found MavicPilot a good resource to understand "what's it all about?". Started with a DJI Tello & smart phone to test interest & flying skills. Answered my question during the 1st flight. A few months later earned a Remote Pilot Part 107 Certification. 2nd drone, a Flamewheel F-450, a gift from XYL to slow me down. Added a FRSky controller and learned about the basics of programming flight controls. After flying for about 4 years and a few hundred flights, with no camera, Yes! NO camera; the 3rd drone, a Mavic 3 & RC Pro, satisfied the camera thing. Some serious amateur photography is now in my future. Arizona lends itself to some fantastic scenery, historical sites, and stories to record and share. I still have a lot to learn and adventures to take. Now, I'm a new Mavic Pilot.
Welcome to the forum from the Texas gulf coast!

Hello from Minnesota and welcome to the Forum...Congratulations on your New Mavic 3 with RC Pro controller and WOW, quite a collection of drones you've gone through...There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask, and the experts are great on providing good quality feedback for you to use... Remember to always Fly Safe and Fly Smart and keep it in VLOS for safety.

Hello from Minnesota and welcome to the Forum...Congratulations on your New Mavic 3 with RC Pro controller and WOW, quite a collection of drones you've gone through...There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask, and the experts are great on providing good quality feedback for you to use... Remember to always Fly Safe and Fly Smart and keep it in VLOS for safety.
Thank you for the welcome. Safety is #1 and I've learned it needs constant attention and review before, during, and after every flying event.

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

This all started with a challenge over a few glasses of wine and what to do in retirement. Next day it sounded like a good idea to try and found MavicPilot a good resource to understand "what's it all about?". Started with a DJI Tello & smart phone to test interest & flying skills. Answered my question during the 1st flight. A few months later earned a Remote Pilot Part 107 Certification. 2nd drone, a Flamewheel F-450, a gift from XYL to slow me down. Added a FRSky controller and learned about the basics of programming flight controls. After flying for about 4 years and a few hundred flights, with no camera, Yes! NO camera; the 3rd drone, a Mavic 3 & RC Pro, satisfied the camera thing. Some serious amateur photography is now in my future. Arizona lends itself to some fantastic scenery, historical sites, and stories to record and share. I still have a lot to learn and adventures to take. Now, I'm a new Mavic Pilot.
Good morning, I was just down in southern Arizona in October. It appeared to me that most places to lead ally for were on state trust land.
Has this been your experience?

Some serious amateur photography is now in my future.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar.

I've spent much time in that area, but not in many years. My first duty station was Luke AFB, Glendale, and thirty-years later, my last duty station was Davis-Monthan, Tucson, when I retired from the Air Force. I ultimately settled in Virginia because in between the two bases and intervening years, I was assigned at Langley AFB, three different times…

As a matter of fact, less than a month ago, I was writing to another Virginia member who also spent time in Arizona and we were comparing sequoia cactus (Link Below…). Can't wait to see yours…

Happy, Safe and Legal Droning…

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ