DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Chile

Fran87cl

Reactions
I received my MM some days ago, i ordered it during Amazon's Prime Day Deals.
i'd like to thank this forum for providing tons of info i've been reading and checking for a couple of weeks so far.
I'm a scuba instructor so i was doing UW photo and videos. And starting with drone videos is a bit weird but fun to learn :)
Looking forward to post something nice soon.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Fran87cl

The three people that every drone pilot should have on the emergency call list for rescues are tree arborists, rock climbers, and scuba divers. :D

Good luck with your new Mini and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

¡Bienvenido a nuestro foro, desde los amigables cielos de Texas!​

You'll find that the Mini almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually. The Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days--you get those in the Chile--it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual, and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have several fellow Chileans among our membership, and over 120,000 more from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Glad you've joined us!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200212/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_ES.pdf

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!

Hello Fran:

You live in a part of the world that fascinates me. I know very little of Chile, but imagine spectacular mountains, beautiful fjords, and lots of wild country. I look forward to your videos. Welcome to the forum!

Howard
well i'm from Santiago, the capital. Essentially a valley city.
Some rad desert views up north and beautiful forest, lakes, rivers down south. The Andes mountain all the way to the east and the pacific ocean to the west.
Funny thing i've not been here for the past 4 years, working in Maldives last 9 months. I wish i could go back and get some drone footage of mantas feeding near the coast :(

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
As someone already said practice, and read the manual, turn on the find my drone feature. And, one of the causes for flight control problems is wind speeds in excess of the design limits of the aircraft. Also, know your aircraft status indicator states. On my MP, alternating red, green,, and yellow. Blinking is telling me its powering on and preforming self-diagonistic tests. Red blinking quickly, means critically low battery. Good, to watch these lights before gaining altitude, for instance if your battery is not locked in place for some reason solid red means critical error. Anyway fly safe, have fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98