DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Dunfermline, Scotland

HeavensAbove

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

like most here I have my drone ordered, and am excited - like the night before Christmas excited - a feeling I don't think I've had in a long time. Even when buying my new car earlier this year! Anyway ordered from Amazon, as we have a distribution centre half a mile from my house, so hopefully it will be here on Guy Fawkes.

This will be my first foray into aerial photography, however, not entirely unfamiliar to this as have edited 4K footage from my GoPro 4 and have a dashcam. Was thinking about the Karma, already owning a the GoPro, then this little thing came along and I was sold.

Have lots of ideas about what I'm going to shoot with this, just hoping for calm dry days. And of course my better half to calm down over my "investment".

I work in IT, and have an electronics background, so hopefully can bring something to contribute to the forum.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome and have fun.

Just be mindful that Dunfermline comes under Edinburgh CTR and also EGR603 restricted area is very near you.
Don't want to be arrested on day one of getting the Mavic! :)
Familiarise yourself with your local/intended areas you will be flying and make sure you stay within CAA rules and you will be fine.

Hi Everyone,

like most here I have my drone ordered, and am excited - like the night before Christmas excited - a feeling I don't think I've had in a long time. Even when buying my new car earlier this year! Anyway ordered from Amazon, as we have a distribution centre half a mile from my house, so hopefully it will be here on Guy Fawkes.

This will be my first foray into aerial photography, however, not entirely unfamiliar to this as have edited 4K footage from my GoPro 4 and have a dashcam. Was thinking about the Karma, already owning a the GoPro, then this little thing came along and I was sold.

Have lots of ideas about what I'm going to shoot with this, just hoping for calm dry days. And of course my better half to calm down over my "investment".

I work in IT, and have an electronics background, so hopefully can bring something to contribute to the forum.
I'm sure you will HeavensAbove and welcome to our newest forum :)

Hello,

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.

Enjoy! TU

Hi HeavensAbove, your first post could have been written by me (except I live at the opposite end of the country). Here's hoping we see our drones soon!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143