DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Georgia, USA

levans80

Reactions
Hi everyone! Just got my Mavic Air 2 and took it out today. Had a great time. I was a tad nervous and anxious and even ran into a couple trees (I figured out that going side to side doesn’t really give me any warnings about obstacles). The drone is ok! The propellers are a tad dinged up and still work great. I feel that I will only get better with experience...at least I hope! Was able to take a nice photo which I attached. This is roughly 415 feet in the air. Would welcome any tips. It’s great to be here and meet everyone. Have a great night!

Attachments

• 055839D3-96D8-4A51-AA2F-82F9D3915FF1.jpeg
    055839D3-96D8-4A51-AA2F-82F9D3915FF1.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 17
Welcome from China and welcome to the Air 2 club :)

Some quick tips:

1) Fly as if there is no obstacle avoidance. You don't want to get into the habit of relying on them or even thinking of your drone as "smart". Think of it like a bullet-proof vest. It might save you if you get shot, but you don't want to run around a battlefield as if bullets can't hurt you.

2) Until you get comfortable with the controls, stay higher than any potential hazards. Counter-intuitively, higher is safer. When I got my Air 2, my DJI shop assistant recommended that I take off from the roof of my 30-storey apartment. It was a bit nerve-wracking the first few flights. But he was right, if I stay above my roof height, it's impossible to hit anything for miles around.

3) Before you take off, check that your RTH altitude is sufficiently high to clear all nearby obstacles.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi everyone! Just got my Mavic Air 2 and took it out today. Had a great time. I was a tad nervous and anxious and even ran into a couple trees (I figured out that going side to side doesn’t really give me any warnings about obstacles). The drone is ok! The propellers are a tad dinged up and still work great. I feel that I will only get better with experience...at least I hope! Was able to take a nice photo which I attached. This is roughly 415 feet in the air. Would welcome any tips. It’s great to be here and meet everyone. Have a great night!

Hello Georgia. You are correct. Keep practicing and stay out of the trees [emoji268] it never ends well.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

This is roughly 415 feet in the air.
Welcome to the forum! Just be advised that the legal limit in the USA is typically 400 feet above ground level, so I suggest you set the limit in your DJI app settings to that so that you avoid accidently breaking FAA regulations.

Welcome to the forum! Just be advised that the legal limit in the USA is typically 400 feet above ground level, so I suggest you set the limit in your DJI app settings to that so that you avoid accidently breaking FAA regulations.
Does the drone warn you if you are in an area and get too high?

Reactions: Steel63
Does the drone warn you if you are in an area and get too high?

There is usually a warning that pops up on the screen when you approach 400 feet saying this might not be legal.

If you don't have it, I suggest the B4UFly, Kittyhawk or Airmap apps, which can show you other types of flight restrictions too. Sometimes the limit can be below 400 feet if you are flying in controlled airspace. (you also need to apply for permission to fly in those areas with Kittyhawk or Airmap)

Welcome to the forum from Sandy Springs, GA. We look forward to your participation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore