DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Germany

MLRO

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Expat living in Germany.
Finally decided to buy a Mavic Pro Fly More combo while visiting a DJI store in Frankfurt.

After the new laws Germany isn't the most UAV-friendly country so it will be a challenge to fly legally. It has been interesting to find a place to even practice and learn. But I'm here to stay, learn from this great community and contribute to the best of abilities.

MLRO

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: Speedy 2
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hi everyone,

Expat living in Germany.
Finally decided to buy a Mavic Pro Fly More combo while visiting a DJI store in Frankfurt.

After the new laws Germany isn't the most UAV-friendly country so it will be a challenge to fly legally. It has been interesting to find a place to even practice and learn. But I'm here to stay, learn from this great community and contribute to the best of abilities.

MLRO
Howdy from Wyoming MLRO, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome !

Now that you are here and mentioned the law :) ... can you share some info on what does it mean to fly safe and legal (short version :p) in Germany ? Might travel there some time soon and I was wondering if I take the Mavic or not :)

Thanks

Welcome !

Now that you are here and mentioned the law :) ... can you share some info on what does it mean to fly safe and legal (short version :p) in Germany ? Might travel there some time soon and I was wondering if I take the Mavic or not :)

Thanks

Hi,

This link sums it up quite well:
DroneHiTech.com – New drone regulations in Germany

The rules seem to be standard right? Here's the catch...one place you can't fly is over nature parks or nature reserves. Problem is that every five trees seem to be classified as nature park...:(
Check the AirMap app and you will see what I mean.
So all the nice spots (lakes, valleys, castles) are restricted flight zones...

Also, the guy at DJI store in Frankfurt (where I bought the Mavic Pro) mentioned something about insurance. To be honest I've been trying to get more information on it and I haven't seen anything crystal clear.

What I would do if I were you would be checking some place or places that you want fly your Mavic and see if you run into these restrictions (again, AirMap is a great way to find out).
Another thing, if you're planning to go south to Bavaria and think "oh...I'll just cross the border to Austria and fly there"...it's even more restricted than Germany with very steep fines (around 20-25.000 Euro).

If you have some place(s) in mind PM me and I'll gladly help you!

cheers
MLRO

4A788404-9961-4511-9556-82755BE425A6.jpeg E5CCA3EF-D2B9-4ECC-B15E-66B8FCA71720.jpeg 2AED096A-DFE2-4768-A5E7-5BDDDFC4991E.jpeg 7F61DF6C-FA08-4272-9B98-CE0F6C495AC0.jpeg BE42A2BE-588E-4997-A4DE-37C48BC39C9B.png 31DE9F6F-4C39-49C4-B1D7-937BFB56097C.jpeg Hi MLRO,
I am living in Mainz / Germany and I and my neighbor are buying the Mavic Pro some Month aho
I am in the model /RC hobbies since 36 years, in drone flying since 2 years.

First you need an Insurance so that I and my neighbor get to join the DMFV deutscher Modell Flieger Verband , in that Club You can also make an insurance until 2 Mio € if something happened with you drone an make some demage.
It will cost per year the DMFV member and Insutance 67.- €- that’s absolute ok
Second you need an Adress metal shield on you drone too.
Normally you need with an start weight over 2 kg an so called Drohnenführerschein - also genau ein Kenntnissnachweis eine Drohne zu steuern - ups I must Write in englisch again- sorry
Your Mavic will not reach the 2 kg Zone, but you can make - on the Web of DMFV - an Kenntnissnachweis on line !

We had done that to be on the save site of the German Government Rules an Law,
But I need that Kenntnissnachweis too for my Inspire 2 , because he weight nearly 3,6 Kg.
If you need more help you can call me under the mobile 01733577724 - hope it is not against the rules of MavicPilots Forum-

Here some pictures of my Mavic ( Luimoncino Yellow) with tuned of an Drone Wrap Foil/ Skin and the multicolor from my neighbor, even covered by the best Skin for Mavic : from Firm Drone Wrap - is the Coloration-x )

Speedy2

Reactions: MLRO
Hi MLRO,
I am living in Mainz / Germany and I and my neighbor are buying the Mavic Pro some Month aho
I am in the model /RC hobbies since 36 years, in drone flying since 2 years.

First you need an Insurance so that I and my neighbor get to join the DMFV deutscher Modell Flieger Verband , in that Club You can also make an insurance until 2 Mio € if something happened with you drone an make some demage.
It will cost per year the DMFV member and Insutance 67.- €- that’s absolute ok
Second you need an Adress metal shield on you drone too.
Normally you need with an start weight over 2 kg an so called Drohnenführerschein - also genau ein Kenntnissnachweis eine Drohne zu steuern - ups I must Write in englisch again- sorry
Your Mavic will not reach the 2 kg Zone, but you can make - on the Web of DMFV - an Kenntnissnachweis on line !

We had done that to be on the save site of the German Government Rules an Law,
But I need that Kenntnissnachweis too for my Inspire 2 , because he weight nearly 3,6 Kg.
If you need more help you can call me under the mobile 01733577724 - hope it is not against the rules of MavicPilots Forum-

Here some pictures of my Mavic ( Luimoncino Yellow) with tuned of an Drone Wrap Foil/ Skin and the multicolor from my neighbor, even covered by the best Skin for Mavic : from Firm Drone Wrap - is the Coloration-x )

Speedy2

Hi Speedy2!

Thanks! I will follow your advice regarding the insurance!
I have the little metal plate already. There was some kind of promotion going at the DJI store when I bought the Mavic, so I got it for free. (it arrived 3 days later by post).

Many thanks!
MLRO

Hi MLRO

If you need more help , write or call me to,

It make so fun to fly the Mavic,
In my and my neighbor mind the best smal compact drones on the market - very fast in sport Modus and great picture an Video with 4 k - but you will know that !
Have an good night

Speedy 2

903C9D89-E95D-4CBC-8AA7-D3E12783BE5C.png Further we had extended On the Mavic the front and rear clearance to avoid damages on the gimbal/ Camera , even with that LED light on it - it’s great, because you can change the light intensity in 3 ways and had an flashing option too, the batteries are smal AAA batteries- very cheep

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure