DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Ithaca, NY

regdog

Reactions
I am new to drones and I live in the finger lakes region of NY.
My SO got me a drone pro for Christmas that had a few good flights before taking off like a jack rabbit out over the woods never to be seen again. I went out searching with the phone trying to track the wifi until that died. Why don't they make the things frutescent pink?

Anyway, I got the bug so I got a refurb dji mavis air. Now the *(Y**Y* phone app, dji go will not run on my flavor of android. I would like to find who thought requiring a smartphone to really use one of these was a good idea and throttle them.

Frustrations are running *very* high at the moment.

Welcome to the DJI family

One of the best known secrets is to belong to a forum like this so you can make some really good decisions as to how to get set up. We have all been thru the Equipment that just does not work and got past it.

Little research and you will be up and running, and you may want to step up to the Air 2 as that drone has gotten a lot of TLC because of its price and performance.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and land on Water.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum regdog, you will find plenty of useful info here that will, hopefully, help in your decision making process in relation to drone purchases. To be honest had I been a member of this forum before I bought my crystalskye unit I would not have proceeded with the purchase. Anyhow hope you get your kit sorted and your get to enjoy the drone world.
Regards

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland regdog.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Thank you all for the very warm welcome. This is the type of community that may make me change my mind on keeping the thing. I wrote to the folks I bought it from and their reply was get a new phone. They did mention that it need not be activated (the phone) but still, right now I think I would rather get my bucks back, and put the money into the paramotor fund for the spring. I am a lot calmer than I was last night so I may be even more shilled by Monday when I can call them and see what we can work out.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929