DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Munich!

Sorry for the late reply Joe!
My experience is that like most jurisdictions, commons sense plays a big role. Can I actually remember the regulations verbatim? I doubt it. Practically speaking, there is a 100m, so 330' exclusion limit from motorways, main roads, government installations, railways, etc. leaving aside airports which are, of course much more restrictive. Thou shalt not fly over residential areas, and groups of people.

For examples where I have flown, once more than just "trying it out", living on the east side of Munich, I have used the Riemmer Park, the nearby Model Airplane field, and other "green spaces on this side of town. I also like the forest near Keferloh (which has a nice Biergarten, covid-permitting), and this weekend was at Irschenberg, south of Munich. See attached panorama...

If you would like any further input, by all means, drop me another line, and I'll try to get back to you faster!

Cheers, David
Awesome pic. Thanks for the tips.

Dear all

Having had a Mavic 2 Pro since Christmas '19, I'm still relatively new to the world of drones.

My primary interest is photography rather than video (see attached). I confess that Lightroom already sucks huge quantities of free time (such as it is), and I can easily see that video production takes this to another level (let alone the storage requirement), so I am not sure how much I will advance in that direction. Nonetheless, the ease of creating clips with the intelligent flight modes is amazing.

One question I'm playing with now is whether to get the RE googles. Reviews are positive, but I also wonder if DJI is planning an upgrade, since they've been out for quite a while. Any news out there?

The freedom offered by these devices is simply stunning, and I confess that the current lock-down is proving rather frustrating....

Looking forward to enjoyable and informative exchanges

Best wishes, and stay healthy,
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful mountains of Colorado! Going to Oktoberfest in Munich has been on my bucket list for many, many years! Happy and safe flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky