DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings From NW Oklahoma

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I Live near Alva Regional Airport and not far from our hospital helipad.
Depending on how close you live to Alva Regional Airport will determine if you can fly there and how high if you are permitted, You should go to YouTube and review some videos on LAANC and learn to use it and it will provide you the clearance if you do not live too close and if you re allowed to fly there…

It is possible that you live too close and if so, you cannot fly there, or you live close, but not too close and you can fly there with an altitude restriction… Good Luck!

Last edited:
I appreciate the great advice that's been given! After a great deal of research and consideration I decided to go with and ordered a DJI Air-3 with the Fly More Combo and the RC 2 Remote.

Reactions: RodPad and MA2 317
I decided to go with and ordered a DJI Air-3
Good for you, now go watch some YouTube Videos and learn some of the great things you can do with it and some of the really dumb things you should not do…

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Air 3.

After you read all the material, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Enjoy and before you take off for the first time, do some breathing exercises to relax and you are less likely to crash it the very first time you fly it… Also, do not energize the motors in the house, it's all too inviting to just lift off ( and crash right into the ceiling… ).

I have taken the TRUST test and downloaded the B4UFLY app. I have a question after looking at the B4UFLY app. I Live near Alva Regional Airport and not far from our hospital helipad. My acreage is 18 miles in the middle of nowhere and I assumed that would be the only place I could fly. But after looking at the B4UFLY app there are no restrictions at my residence. The green tab at the bottom says "Clear for Takeoff No Active Advisories. Maintain Situational Awareness." I still plan to do my learning at my remote location. What are your thoughts on some limited flying at my home? I certainly don't want to cause a problem or alarm. I haven't purchased a drone yet but want to be knowledgeable beforehand. I am also very interested in getting 107 certification. any pointers for that process would be appreciated. Thanks to all for the welcome. Kirk
I am a new pilot in Central-NW Oklahoma as well. I was determined to get my Part 107 license as well. I signed up at Pilot Institute and couldn’t be happier with the results. Studied a couple weeks really diligently and passed the test in OKC with a 93. I couldn’t have done it without that study material and practice.

I am a new pilot in Central-NW Oklahoma as well. I was determined to get my Part 107 license as well. I signed up at Pilot Institute and couldn’t be happier with the results. Studied a couple weeks really diligently and passed the test in OKC with a 93. I couldn’t have done it without that study material and practice.
Thank you. I hope to start the Part 107 process in a week or two.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Greetings from northwest Oklahoma. I am retired from 34 years in the fire service. I have been around drones quite a bit, but never have I owned or piloted one. The interest has been there for quite some time and now that I am retired. I would like to pursue those interests. I have an acreage with Creeks and wildlife which I feel is a good place to get started. I have been doing some construction work since retired. I also enjoy Overlanding. This seems like a very good place to learn. and seek help with my drone interests.
I also am a new drone owner as well as a "Overlander". I agree having a drone in our remote travels will be perfect!

Reactions: LoudThunder

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne