DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from the wildfire zone...

DaveK-OR

Reactions
Just got a M2P with Smart Controller, and intend to use it for better assessing fire damage to the 25 acres of forest land around my house (the house was miraculously untouched!). There will be other, more fun stuff to do with the M2P, but dealing with the aftermath of the wildfire has first priority.

There is a steep learning curve with this drone, and I'm seeing lots of helpful info on this site.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Just got a M2P with Smart Controller, and intend to use it for better assessing fire damage to the 25 acres of forest land around my house (the house was miraculously untouched!). There will be other, more fun stuff to do with the M2P, but dealing with the aftermath of the wildfire has first priority.

There is a steep learning curve with this drone, and I'm seeing lots of helpful info on this site.
Hi Dave,
Welcome here,
Lots of great info here. I have worked up in Astoria. Beautiful State.

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, consider getting the AirMap and KittyHawk apps. I also suggest this Visualize it: See FAA UAS Data on a Map

Welcome to the best spot to get help and helpful information for your new drone. I've gotten tons of help just going over previous posts, but first hand help on here is top notch.
Also, don't be afraid to go over to YouTube and just enter the type of drone you have. Lots of nice videos by a wide assortment of people from around the globe.

Welcome to the forum. Thankful that your home was spared, sorry about the property lose and those that lost all. We look forward to your participation.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum From Chicago the Windy City.
I like to share at least one thing with each new member.
Knowing the Aircraft Status indicator and what these lights mean..
Yellow: Blinking slowly NO GPS, or downward vision system (ATTI mode)
REd: Solid, Critical error.
REd: Blinking. IMU error.
Alternating Red, green, yellow Blinking. Powering on and performing self diagnostic tests.Very important to know what these lights mean, and to keep it in VLOS, status indicator is giving you a report as to what's going on. Fly Safe and keep the rotors facing up to the sky.

Welcome to the Forum Dave and congratulations avoiding the fire. It just so happens that my best Bud lives in Mill City right along the south shore of the Santiam River. The fire burned up to the north shore right across from his back yard. You were both blessed. Be safe with your M2P!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake