DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ground level photographer considering the skies over Ireland

OverIreland

Reactions
Finding this all very interesting. I've been photographing the Irish landscape for 35 years at ground level! Considering the Mavic Pro 2 as it seems like it may give me decent results. Finding my way in relation to permissions and good practice before I reach for my wallet....

Reactions: dirkclod
Finding this all very interesting. I've been photographing the Irish landscape for 35 years at ground level! Considering the Mavic Pro 2 as it seems like it may give me decent results. Finding my way in relation to permissions and good practice before I reach for my wallet....
TRIPOD MODE!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

You have a bit of time on me. I've been a 'ground level' photographer for just over 30 years and have got into this for similar reasons, but mine are headed for video over stills as clients are now asking me increasingly to shoot video.
I get you on the permissions thing. I think if you are shooting countryside landscapes you will be fine with the simple rules governing drone flying not-for-profit, unless of course you are being commissioned or want to shoot industrial/urban landscapes. This throws in a whole set of complications I've still to get my head around. Like training in one of the CAA approved centres (looking at £1K for this) and filing flight plans and whatever. You think model releases are a pain?

For the meantime, NATS do a great little app called Drone Assist which shows you where it's good and not so good to fly. For my sins I live about ten miles from Heathrow and I'm right on the western edge of its exclusion zone. If that wasn't enough, I am about 150 metres from the Thames and right at the start of the London Heli-Route 10!

I think you'll enjoy your drone for stills. It's a long learning curve I've found, but I'm just three days in. Us photographers can be pretty savvy with technology so it's no biggie. Just needs a little time invested.
I'd be very excited about getting a drone if I were you. But battery up!

Howdy from Wyoming @OverIreland , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai