Join Us Now

Grow up

Mbmplymouth

Reactions
My wife hates my drone she look at it as a toy

I look at it as a precision piece of equipment

Does anyone share the same put the toy

Away and grow up attitude?

Tell her that everyone should have at least one hobby, and some hobbies require tools - yours just happens to be a drone.

For bonus points, mope around the house like a slob watching TV and drinking beer until she gets the point. Unless, of course, that *is* your other hobby...

Reactions: wsteele
I have a room full of "toys" she doesn't care.
I did tell her once "I have an ipad, and ipad mini, an iphone, iTunes and an ipod"
"you have an iron"
she just shook her head as she walked away

Reactions: Ifti
we grew up once left school got a job got married had kids they grew up left home now its our turn to be kids again and play with our amazing UAVs nothing wrong with boys toys

Reactions: Former Member
With my better half, it’s the price tag, whether I can afford it or not.

She doesn’t buy expensive toys, but has all kinds of monthly expenses and is constantly buying cloths. She is really smart, but can’t seem to add all that stuff up.

In her defense, however, I do have more than one expensive toy. ;-)

In my defense, a flying camera is more than just a toy for me. I do some drool worthy photography with other cameras. I should be able to do interesting things with it.

Here’s an example of my past efforts:

E2AE5D4F-7BEE-4DE4-A71F-C9E4D4435F2E.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet that you have a lot more invested in your astronomy photography than in a small drone.

Amazing photos of the sky like that never get boring. Well done, never stop.

Reactions: MotorPsycho
i am having trouble with my telescope. everything's blurry. or is it my eyes? love that photo. come summer i plan a trip to a dark zone in northern nv.
nothing for 10's of miles. including drone haters and nfz's. right now too cold and wet.

If you want help with your telescope check out cloudynights.com. It’s a very active astronomy forum.

For night skies, there is nothing like rural. I’ve been wintering in the desert in Southern Arizona for a few years, below normal population, lots of clear nights and Arizona is astronomy friendly, with good light pollution restrictions.

All together, it makes astrophotography easier than elsewhere.

This is Omega Centauri, a globular cluster. You have to be in the Southern part of the US, to see it.

2D4B0761-F1BE-4D04-A813-9144BB0BB953.jpeg

Attachments

• D07D4C51-0C15-467C-A049-7CB41B3428F2.jpeg
    D07D4C51-0C15-467C-A049-7CB41B3428F2.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: macoman
Remote controlled airplanes (gas or electric) has been historically for decades and you see all kind of ages, male or female piloting them. Drones are just a step above in technology. They are just hobby but some people think that are only for kids.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe