DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Had my butt handed to me by Mother Nature

FASTFJR

Reactions
Decided to try and fly the Cog rail, winds at the bottom where 20mph. Wind warnings the entire ride, by the time I hit the first switch it was like hitting a brick wall. Winds were 35-40mph at this level. I flew another minute up after the video ends but its unwatchable. Maybe next time

Good flight!! I like it! I started to wonder why they put two switches in there, but then my grey matter activated to figure out the route is used by trains going both directions. They need a place to allow trains to pass each other. Yes...I'm a dork sometimes. The snow caps in the background are beautiful!!

Reactions: Droniac and FASTFJR
Good flight!! I like it! I started to wonder why they put two switches in there, but then my grey matter activated to figure out the route is used by trains going both directions. They need a place to allow trains to pass each other. Yes...I'm a dork sometimes. The snow caps in the background are beautiful!!
Thanks, the snow is new, just in the last week. This week the Auto Road and the Cog were only running up to the tree line. It will most likely be closed in a week. Photos are shot from my Nikon P900. From where I stood to the summit is 7.75 miles. The weather station is already iced in, will be until late May - early June of 2022

Attachments

• DSCN4221.JPG
    DSCN4221.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 23
  • DSCN4223.JPG
    DSCN4223.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 23
  • DSCN4228.JPG
    DSCN4228.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 23
Nice 😊
I guess used originally for logging ?

We have a couple (I know of) here in Australia.
One in the Blue Mountains (near Sydney) and one in Strahan Tasmania, and old logging train route.
Been on both and very steep !

1860s and you don't usually think of tourism in that era.

Very interesting clicking through the timeline from this page . . .

1860s and you don't usually think of tourism in that era.

Very interesting clicking through the timeline from this page . . .

Lots of logging in that area, and a famous ski jump

Nice 😊
I guess used originally for logging ?

We have a couple (I know of) here in Australia.
One in the Blue Mountains (near Sydney) and one in Strahan Tasmania, and old logging train route.
Been on both and very steep !
My son's and I walked the shortest trail to the top and back in one day. Fantastic views! Worth the tired leg muscles the following day. Often see the top when skiing at Sunday River, ME

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS