DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Halloween is coming...?

Love your images! But no matter what the owners of this farm told you, this is not a field of unpicked pumpkins.

I used to grow and sell pumpkins. These pumpkins appear to have been picked already and moved. Their stems are neatly cut. And there are no pumpkin plants--even dead ones--in that field. Pumpkin plants have leaves about a foot (30 cm) across, and consist of either thick-stalked vines or low bush-like plants, depending on variety. If there has been frost, the leaves will have collapsed on their still-upright stalks, leaving a dramatic and unmistakable appearance. The vines are sturdy enough to be quite visible in the field until they are plowed under--and even after that, are often seen mixed in with the soil.

Any idea what this farm is actually doing? Perhaps strewing pumpkins in a field without tripping hazards, and telling the public they are "picking" their own?

Also, any idea why so many of the pumpkins are green? Here in the States, consumers don't tend to buy green pumpkins. I used to sell my green pumpkins at steep discount to a farmer who used them as hog food.

Sorry for the questions--I was a pumpkin grower long before drones were invented. :) And regardless, I like your photographs.

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB