DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hand landing drone question

Hi Jane. The Aircraft may lift up if you bring your hand up to meet it as it's descending; that's the landing sensors raising it out of what it initially thinks is an unsuitable spot to land.
If you hold your hand flat and still, and just lower the left stick, it will come down to you. The other tip is to leave your hand at the same height until the motors shut down; if you drop your hand as soon as it touches it, the aircraft may think it hasn;t fully landed.

I've done two videos on hand catching; the method for the Air 2 is the same as the Mini.
Cheers
Ian

Thank you ... I am getting a bit better at this hand take off and landing. Your help and all the others has been crucial.

Hi, I did many hand launch/land Air 2 recently while was using it in the mountains. To hand-land I hold my hand below the drone and press 'land' icon on the phone. I've noticed that it often warns that it isn't safe to land and shows Yes/No confirmation dialog, so confirm landing and everything is ok. But sometimes it just shows cannot land error (without any choice, just OK button). When such error is shown and how to avoid it? I hand land the drone in normal/tripod mode, is it helpful to do it in a sport mode?
I always hand launch and hand land my Mini. I learned to be mindful of wind conditions the hard way when it started to slide off my palm. Luckily, I managed to grab it with my fingers, and avoid getting sliced up! Now I bring it to a nice gentle hover at eye level in "C" mode, grab the bottom sides with my fingers, and pull down on the left joystick to stop the motors. You also have to grab it at the front area of the drone, or the bottom sensors will make it want to upwards away from you.

Reactions: Tentoes
I always hand launch and hand land my Mini. I learned to be mindful of wind conditions the hard way when it started to slide off my palm. Luckily, I managed to grab it with my fingers, and avoid getting sliced up! Now I bring it to a nice gentle hover at eye level in "C" mode, grab the bottom sides with my fingers, and pull down on the left joystick to stop the motors. You also have to grab it at the front area of the drone, or the bottom sensors will make it want to upwards away from you.
S mode

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming