DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Harassment by drone using neighbor. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sel danslard

Reactions
I live onthe big island of Hawaii in a housing development . My neighbor is harassing me with his drone. We havent been able to get pictures yet, but flies by our windows . When we come out with a camera he retreats to his property line. We feel like we've lost all privacy. I need to stop it but how. I want to proceed legally. My wife is totally freaked out and afraid. I'm looking for advice, please.

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
Call the police and they should investigate. Perhaps some questions by the police will make the person think twice about continuing.

Also, if you can't film the drone from inside your home I doubt it can see inside.

I live onthe big island of Hawaii in a housing development . My neighbor is harassing me with his drone. We havent been able to get pictures yet, but flies by our windows . When we come out with a camera he retreats to his property line. We feel like we've lost all privacy. I need to stop it but how. I want to proceed legally. My wife is totally freaked out and afraid. I'm looking for advice, please.
If you have already expressed your concerns to your neighbor and they do not cease or desist I would speak with a peace officer.

Reactions: David S
Have you spoken to your neighbor? It might be his kid doing it and the parents don't even know about it. If you have spoken to them, then I suggest you set some bait (someone in a bikini) out in the yard and be ready inside by a window with a camera. Then call the cops and show them the video. It is easier to get action with proof.

By the way, I believe I speak for the majority here in saying that we do not condone spying. It is an invasion of your privacy and should not be tolerated. It's that minority of thoughtless users that ruin it for the rest of us.

Sounds like u have a pest problem... u can either should call the exterminator or use a bat if it’s close enough for a swing [emoji854] (j/k... call the [emoji61]‍♀️)

Shoot it down that’s what I would do. Shot gun

DON'T shoot it down or do anything that will damage the drone. That action will get you in trouble. YES talk to the parents, if it's the kids, talk to the wife if it's the dad, AND make a police report if that doesn't work. What he is doing is an invasion of privacy and more than likely against the law. We (responsible drone pilots) are really against this kind of behavior.

If this happened to me, I'd just race my Mavic around in Sport+ mode at 45mph, doing loops at 10m/s ascent/descent rates, spirals, proximity flying and have all the fun in the world flying where I normally never would, and get insanely cool footage that would entertain me for years.

A Grumpy Cat or force approach is never good to dissolve a situation.

Top-40-Funny-Grumpy-cat-Pictures.jpg

Last edited:
DON'T shoot it down or do anything that will damage the drone. That action will get you in trouble. YES talk to the parents, if it's the kids, talk to the wife if it's the dad, AND make a police report if that doesn't work. What he is doing is an invasion of privacy and more than likely against the law. We (responsible drone pilots) are really against this kind of behavior.

Quite agree, dont shoot it down, its not the drones fault, there's no such thing as a bad drone, only bad drone owners.
So just shoot the owner, problem solved at source :D;)

Go get some heavy duty fishing line and string it from whatever trees or buildings you can.
Make a spider web for it to get tangled up in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio