DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Harbor Freight $29 case

I have one of these cases for my ronin-M. It's good, and I use it for local shoots.

For travel and robust use, they don't compare to a pro case.. i cant put it under other cases because it flexes. For anything beyond setting it in the car seat next to me, i use a GPC case.

I discovered Rigid box in Home depot ... I keep my setup in my car - hole drilled in the back for the extension cord - two drones, 4 batteries, 2 controllers and my ipad .... works out pretty good for my needs : I run extension cord to car after I'm don to charge them up :)
DSC_0140-1.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

Reactions: Anndybo and wsettle
The pelican 1510 is a great case. I have the padded dividers but will get some kaizen foam soon and custom make inserts for everything. It’s a roller case and basically bomb proof. But it’s large and heavy. I’ll be using it to put other items too. I have all the chargers under each mavic with a padded divider. Tons of room for more.

802b7b19-5682-4ba6-8f09-b1ff4c726e1c-jpeg.46119

Attachments

• 802B7B19-5682-4BA6-8F09-B1FF4C726E1C.jpeg
    802B7B19-5682-4BA6-8F09-B1FF4C726E1C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
I really like working with the HF 3800 Midsize Case. My latest built just done and the first one un-amped case I have done in Midsize space. Because I wanted to try to fit 2 birds in one case and needed every inch of space I could find in that space. All parts have cutouts to fit into. And earth magnets are used to hold items place even when the top/lid is closed. What do you think? How much STUFF have you fitted in your HF 3800 cases? Here is what I got into mine. So Far:D

2 X 9.7 Ipads.
4 x USB cable 8,12,32in,&4ft.
1 X MavMount.
2 x table holder 9.7 & 10.5 for MavMount.
1 X Anemometer.
1 X GPS
4 x Standard Props for the Mavic Pro.
4 X Low Noise Props for the Mavic Pro
4 X stock Props for the Mavic 2 Pro.
2 X Whip Antenna.
1 X Titan Cyclone.
2 X QMA connectors.
1 X Mavic Pro.Craft.
1 X Controller for Mavic Pro
3 X batteries for Mavic Pro.
1 X Mavic 2 Pro.Craft.
1 X Controller for Mavic 2 Pro
3 X batteries for Mavic 2 Pro.
1 X Go Pro Session.
4 X 1 Set of ND Filters for M2P.
4 X SD Cards.
3 x 1 Set of ND filters for MP
a Set of new Leg extender in the mail?

51 items and counting.

$29 for hours of fun, getting it just right and doing it your way. How can you go wrong?

PS: I did not use any of the foam that came with the HF Case. Did my own thing, using HF shop 2x2 floor mats. I ended up using 1/2 of (1) mat. And the mats are 5 mats for $ 7

Happy Flying

Attachments

• file4-5.jpg
    file4-5.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 64
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 67
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    766.2 KB · Views: 73
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 77
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Reactions: bluesgeek
Funny you say that. I just forgot to put that in. Not 40 but 4 X 64GB Extreme SD card behind the Titan. You might not believe it but in fact, this is one of my lightest build even with 2 birds. I build one using a Pelican case over a year ago. the case itself was 13 pounds nothing inside. that one was also for 2 Mavic Pros. With 7 Batteries. I build that case like I was going to save the world with it. I posted it somewhere last year. and that baby was fully amped with everything you could ask for including built-in battery warmers. Lights of every kind and colors. Cooling fans, built-in 12 V Car and 120-volt chargers all built into the lid of the case.2 lipo that lasted days and days. All using QMAs with dual monitors. I love building that one too. Total weight of that case was around 24 pounds. I still have one case left from HF that I am using for housing all my tracker and stuff. Was a joke when I got it, And I don't even know if I want to waste my time making it. It's their 1800 case. more like a kids lunch box. It would be a Very tight fit but it can be done. But why? Just because you can do it. Should you? I think is not worth my time for the small one. As far as the weight I guess it to this one be between 9 to 12 pounds top with everything. I'll take it to work and weight it so I know for sure.

Reactions: wsettle
Apache 2800, $22. It's tight but the entire fly more package fits in it and it's compact. Need to spray some plastic dip on it now.

View attachment 46427 View attachment 46428 View attachment 46429

I don’t see any ST card space in your case neither. May I suggest using a magnetic phone holder on your lid to hold your laptop in place.it will stay in place even closed. and you can fly with the monitor in the case lid. Without the weight of the tablet holder or tablet mount in your hand. Good job, you got all that stuff in that case. Thanks for-sharing .

Reactions: bapski and wsettle
I don’t see any ST card space in your case neither. May I suggest using a magnetic phone holder on your lid to hold your laptop in place.it will stay in place even closed. and you can fly with the monitor in the case lid. Without the weight of the tablet holder or tablet mount in your hand. Good job, you got all that stuff in that case. Thanks for-sharing .

great idea.. any link on the magnetic phone holder or ipad?

im using an ipad pro 10.9(?) and having it just mounted on the lid would be a great idea.

plasti-dipping mine too this weekend.

thanks.

great idea.. any link on the magnetic phone holder or ipad?

im using an ipad pro 10.9(?) and having it just mounted on the lid would be a great idea.

plasti-dipping mine too this weekend.

thanks.
https://www.amazon.com/WizGear-Rect...gnetic+Car+Mount+Holder+FOR+tabletThumbswayup

I just got and used this one. I think is the better so far for the larger tablets.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0DUVZV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And I use a few cables. Go for the good stuff. ANKER, SKYREAT is what I mainly use.

Last edited:

Haha. The SD cards are under the drone in a small cavity. Good idea on the magnets. There is a bunch of extra space in the lid so need to review some of your pics and figure out what to do up there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0177L6A4O/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A294P4X9EWVXLJ
Also

SKYREAT 1.14ft / 35cm Lightning USB Cable Cord [Apple MFi Certified] Perfect Size Right Angle for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom / Mavic Air/Pro / Platinum,Parrot Anafi,Autel EVO,Phantom Series
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073PW3VBK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A2JS39G1SMOCQV&psc=1
I use them only when I use any screen mount at all. I mainly fly from my car and use 4 to 6 ft cables from an Amped-up case.
Time to make the Donuts. How else are we going to pay for this stuff!

Reactions: bapski
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0177L6A4O/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A294P4X9EWVXLJ
Also

SKYREAT 1.14ft / 35cm Lightning USB Cable Cord [Apple MFi Certified] Perfect Size Right Angle for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom / Mavic Air/Pro / Platinum,Parrot Anafi,Autel EVO,Phantom Series
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073PW3VBK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A2JS39G1SMOCQV&psc=1
I use them only when I use any screen mount at all. I mainly fly from my car and use 4 to 6 ft cables from an Amped-up case.
Time to make the Donuts. How else are we going to pay for this stuff!
this is the one i ordered...

OK, Just passing on info that might help someone! I don't think it can be any simpler than this. I guess I have made so many that I must be really getting lazy! If you or anyone are thinking of doing a case, just for your Pride and Joy!. And think that you are not as handy as some others here, or just don't have the tools. May I suggest using what you already have? Here is what you might think of trying. If you have any kind of case you are already 3/4 the way there. This is a $22 Harbor Fright 2800 Case. I will not keep this build. Just wanted to see, just how long it would take for someone to do this simple Mod Mavic 2 pro case. With only a single razor blade and a hot glue gun? I did it in less than 30 minutes. It took longer for the glue to heat up than to do the job. Try to remember that DJI paid someone to design that box and every box they ship out. It did not come in pluck out foam. It is designed well and I believe If it can make it to here from China. I believe it can make it to your local fields. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Unless you can make it even better.If you are not so handy. This is for you. And I think it looks pretty good for what it is. What do you think? I will trash this and reuse this 2800 case for a single Mavic 2 Pro with a lot more goodies within. I hope some of you will try it.
Happy & Safe Flying

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 61
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 60
  • file1-11.jpeg
    file1-11.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 43
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Reactions: bapski
really cool idea.

I just got back from harbor freight and did not buy any of these cases. Just didn't like the quality at all. The handle and the latches seemed cheap. The case seemed to be ok but owning the pelican 1510's and iM2600 storm case I can assure you I felt and noticed the difference. Couldn't do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser