DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Harbor Freight $29 case

Reactions: microlinux
Does anyone know what kind of glue works with the precut foam in these cases?

I need to glue a couple of pieces back.

Reactions: James33
they have now bigger one, full size iPad should fit, 7.5/8 in high.
but don't see any coupon, still any 25% or 20% discounts should apply.

4800 Weatherproof Protective Case - X-Large

Sweet! I used the 3800 for my Air/Crystal Sky. CNC’d the foam from the EVA floor mats HF sells too. 29 bucks for the 3800 (sale) and 9 bucks for the foam.

Here’s my Air Case, I’ll probably do something similar for my new M2P.

Mavic%20AirCrystal%20Sky%20Case.mov.GIF

I dunno... for as much as these birds cost... the $129 for the GPC case doesn't seem so bad. For $100 more than the harbor freight case you get laser cut perfect durable long lasting foam and zero time needed.

Reactions: MavicPro1966
I dunno... for as much as these birds cost... the $129 for the GPC case doesn't seem so bad. For $100 more than the harbor freight case you get laser cut perfect durable long lasting foam and zero time needed.
I really like the GPC cases. Problem is none of the precut cases address carrying both the Mavic 2 and a CrystalSky monitor plus their chargers, etc (I want a hard case for travel). The GPC cleverly has the tablet storage in the bottom but it’s not deep enough for the CrystalSky.

Good point. I always use these in my photgraphy cabinets https://www.amazon.com/Eva-Dry-Impr...id=1536112640&sr=1-6&keywords=desiccant+packs

I wonder if you could notch out a spot for this. It's cheap and reusable forever.

What great ideas. I also got the Apache case at harbor freight the larger one for 39.99. I drilled some holes, on the protruding parts as to not compromise the water resistance, so I could fit a shoulder strap onto mine. Looks like you guys are utilizing the space more efficiently then I am. I'll have to set the other parts to be horizontal as well.

Mavic_case.JPGdronecase01.jpg

Reactions: KentA and bluesgeek
Save all that cutting out foam work and buy this one which is already precut for your Mavic 2. I had one for my Mavic pro but when I sold it I also gave him the case, so just ordered the same one but for my Mavic 2 Pro. Precut with firm foam, space for three batteries and all the other stuff and you can fit your tablet in the top pocket of the hard shell case. Back Pack straps are great to carry it around, especially if you are out hiking with it. At $28 it is a bargain.
Hard Shell Carrying Backpack bag Case Waterproof Anti-Shock for DJI Mavic Pro 654754320398 | eBay

Reactions: bluesgeek
I picked the same case at Harbor Freight, it’s a steal and we’ll made.

Beats carrying a cardboard box of flying equipment, I usually fly two different drones. Bebop 2 and now the Mavic 2 Pro.

Not as neat as I’d like, but serves its purpose. Carries enough equipment for 2.5 to 3 hours of flight, bebop 2 power batteries last up to 30 minutes of flight two are in the case. Plus, one 2700mAh. Mavic 2 Pro is up there, three batteries in case.

I like it, everything in one carrying case.

Paul6926564B-9D0A-4DE4-B9AC-C8BDF71A0F75.jpeg

I managed to pick up a Pelican 1510 roller case with padded dividers for $54. Can't be that deal

Reactions: Twice_Knightly
Anndybo was kind enough to coach me up a little, so I purchased the the Apache from HF and used his pictures as a template. I was extremely easy to do and took me less than half an hour to have everything I need in a case. The only difference is I made the horizontal slot Anndybo is using for what looks like a holder for his iPad, a little wide to fit additional cables and props. Perfect. Best 30 bucks I have spent in a while. Thank you Anndybo.

Reactions: Anndybo
I managed to pick up a Pelican 1510 roller case with padded dividers for $54. Can't be that deal
Hey I’m considering a 1510 as another option. Can you post a pic of your stuff in it to get a sense of scale and capacity?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet