DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Harness/Lanyard Adapter for RC Pro Controller

Be sure to check those anchors periodically; I would be concerned in the long term that the threads of the screw will wear away or fray the cable material on the anchors. It's not pretty, but it works! :)
With the screws torqued down, there will be little of no relative movement between the lanyard and the screw threads.

The solution offered by @pchaps looks good, too.

Has anyone found eye bolts with a M4 0.7mm thread?

Reactions: pchaps
Do you have one available for the new DJI RC Controller?
Not right now, no. I don't have the DJI RC controller to model one from. I've considered buying one, but i don't think I'd sell enough brackets to offset the cost.

However, if you trust me, and let me borrow your controller for a short while I can model one in a matter of a day or two and get your controller back to you.

Last edited:
Would like to see one for the new RC controller.

Well, you're in luck. Thanks to a friendly forum member @klaario I got one on loan and built a new bracket to fit the lower-cost RC.

IMG_4316 (Medium).jpg

You can get one here on eBay for $10 plus shipping. It's made from the same stuff the other brackets are and built in much the same way, with only some modifications made to the center cutout area to accommodate the change in port designs. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Well, you're in luck. Thanks to a friendly forum member @klaario I got one on loan and built a new bracket to fit the lower-cost RC.

View attachment 161979

You can get one here on eBay for $10 plus shipping. It's made from the same stuff the other brackets are and built in much the same way, with only some modifications made to the center cutout area to accommodate the change in port designs. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

I'm curious. Instead of a bracket, why not just screw the connectors for the strap directly into the holes where the bracket is attached?

I'm curious. Instead of a bracket, why not just screw the connectors for the strap directly into the holes where the bracket is attached?
Mostly to be certain the screws won't come loose. If the 'anchors' were attached directly to the screw holes they may come loose over time with torsional stresses. With a center section between the screw holes it makes sure the stresses are between the anchor points and not directly on the screw holes. Also, I think it looks better and cleaner. It also keeps the anchors from rubbing on anything that could be abrasive and weaken the cord. I've tried both methods but find it's easier and safer having a 'bar' style rather than two separate loops.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe