DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anybody seen this red Icon before?

I saw this icon while flying using my iPad Mini. It disappeared before I could capture a screenshot.

Tonight I was using my iPhone SE 2020 and the icon appeared while the Air 2 was sitting on the ground. It also disappeared and all went back to normal.

It makes me think the controller isn’t seeing the display device. Looked through the documentation but didn’t see anything.

Thoughts?View attachment 106090
It looks like telling you the phone/iPad is disconnected from the controller. Apart from that, I really have no idea how to fix it.

This question was asked on DJI's forum and here's their reply:
1593369873506.png

I have never seen this error on my setup, but I have found the Orientation Indicator is not reliable at <15m. Once you get beyond 20m the Orientation Indicator is more accurate.

Reactions: PimV and JCO1977
I agree with Old Man Mavic, I use the wi-fi only Apple Mini and it is never consistent so I use the map for orientation. I have tried all suggestions I’ve seen on the forum except the belt resolution but I fly with gym shorts that don’t have a belt and I still have the same intermittent issue. My dad suggested that I try standing on my right foot while singing Auld Lang Syne but I don’t know all the words....

I’ve gotten that a few times with both my Mini and my MA2. What I’ve found is that I have the RC and phone too close to my body (I usually have my controller near my belt line) and I think the belt buckle may be causing interference with the phone compass. Usually if I move the controller away from the buckle or pick it up higher above my belt, that icon goes away and returns to normal. Luckily, I’ve never had an issue the AC acting differently when that icon is red

I've never had a belt buckle that was magnetic or attracted to a magnet. I've had a lot of belt buckles. Mainly big ones. I didn't say they're not out there.

I saw this icon while flying using my iPad Mini. It disappeared before I could capture a screenshot.

Tonight I was using my iPhone SE 2020 and the icon appeared while the Air 2 was sitting on the ground. It also disappeared and all went back to normal.

It makes me think the controller isn’t seeing the display device. Looked through the documentation but didn’t see anything.

Thoughts?View attachment 106090
this is loss of signal from your device to the rc....most probably cause by the cable...try rotating the cable 180* ...it worked for me...also next time you see it touch the icon and it will tell you what it means...it the outer dotted line is red and the phone icon is white that is loss of sats

have a read here

I received that icon when I was testing flying my drone over an empty field and I was sitting in my car. I didn't receive the error icon until the drone was most behind me.

this is loss of signal from your device to the rc....most probably cause by the cable...try rotating the cable 180* ...it worked for me...also next time you see it touch the icon and it will tell you what it means...it the outer dotted line is red and the phone icon is white that is loss of sats
This issue is definitely not loss of signal from device <-> rc. If that was the case, then you would lose all telemetry info on the screen within the DJI Fly app. It's an issue where the Fly app is having difficulty figuring out the relative position of the RC <-> drone, whether it be weak GPS signal of the phone, odd compass reading from the phone, who knows. Generally for me when I see this on my iOS device it only lasts for a few seconds or a minute and then it comes back.
I would find it very hard to believe there's a loss of signal through the cable. There is much more data going through this cable than just gps/compass info and anything wrong with the cable would result in a malfunction of the Fly App.

The only person who could properly answer this question is a DJI app dev who could debug to figure it out. We're just guessing.

Hi Hoosie not a total loss of signal but perhaps just one channel with the relevant data. I am pretty sure if you rotate the lightning end of the cable if this happens to you the signal will be restored...
I agree the the DJI developers know but they arnt telling

Hi Hoosie not a total loss of signal but perhaps just one channel with the relevant data. I am pretty sure if you rotate the lightning end of the cable if this happens to you the signal will be restored...
I agree the the DJI developers know but they arnt telling

I'm a developer: I'd rather they spend time fixing than telling
71.gif

personally i dont ever use it as i have a WIFI only ipad it never gives an accurate reading ,even when its white so i just turn on the map and use that to show my direction from the home point
X1 The map accomplishes the same thing. I get it but don’t worry about it.

It means the Russians have hacked your phone.

jk.
It just means that the compass is having some issue on your phone. I'm not sure if it's a bug from DJI's app or not, because if you open the iOS compass app this works perfectly fine.
The iOS Compass app? I’m lost. Thank you for a response.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast