DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anybody seen this red Icon before?

It just means it's not sure where the phone's compass is pointing so it can't show your orientation to the drone. I used to have it all the time and figured the feature was buggy so I did not worry about it. Then an android update fixed it. Sometimes see it when I'm too close to the car, or resting the remote on a cattle gate or something silly like that. Just step away a few feet and it works properly again. No need to recalibrate or reboot drone, it's compass is working fine.

Thanks! I panicked a bit as generally in life, when something is flasshing red, no good will come of it :D Ive been using an iphone but now that you mention it, i never had the issue on my android S9+ so I might go back to that.

Thanks! I panicked a bit as generally in life, when something is flasshing red, no good will come of it :D Ive been using an iphone but now that you mention it, i never had the issue on my android S9+ so I might go back to that.

hehe Generally panicking is what I do best!

Reactions: AnDronioBanderos
Oh! Found yet another cause!

To protect my privacy, Verison helpfully turns off Location Services every Monday afternoon. Just in case the North Koreans are using my location to target their missiles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drico