DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone actually got any idea how the Litchi radar works?

ashyt16

Reactions
Because I just can't work it out. It seems a bit random.
It seems to be based on compass position for both aircraft and controller.
Moving either affects the pointer.

Yesterday I flew in a straight line away from home point and the radar pointer was pointing in more or less the same direction. If I moved the controller left or right the arrow moved in relation.

However today, no compass recalibration done and stood in the same place, heading in the same direction, the arrow was pointing to bottom left. Almost opposite to the aircraft's actual direction of travel.

It's giving me a headache trying to work out the relationship between radar, aircraft and controller.

Can anyone give a decent explanation without simply pointing to the Litchi manual which explains nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: mereflyer
It pretty much works the same way as the Attitude indicator in the DJI GO4 app with the difference that it doesn't have pitch & roll indications.

1649859265688.png
All this means that you need to have a mobile device compass that works properly... & it's not unusual that the compass there gets deflected once attached to the RC. To fix this you need to calibrate the compass in your mobile device when attached to the RC, usually it's enough to just turn the mobile device (with the RC) a couple laps in all 3 axis.

When all is working you can use this "radar" to point your RC directly towards the AC. If the red AC symbol is at 12 o'clock you're pointing the RC correctly ... if it's located at 9 o'clock you need to turn the RC 90 degrees to the left to point it to the AC.

On top of this with pointing the RC towards the AC ... you also get info out from the red AC symbol how the yaw direction is relative to you.

I think it would be interesting when you have this issue to recalibrate your drone’s compass and see if that changes anything.
I have had this happen with DJI Go4, and a recalibration fixes it.

Reactions: mereflyer
I think it would be interesting when you have this issue to recalibrate your drone’s compass and see if that changes anything.
I have had this happen with DJI Go4, and a recalibration fixes it.
I tried calibrating the compass before take off in a different location and it was more or less pointing in the correct direction.
It was just slightly off to the right, but that seemed to correct itself in flight.
There must be some magnetic interference where I normally take off.

Knowing how this works helps a lot in orienting the controller correctly.

Thanks for the input fellas.

I tried calibrating the compass before take off in a different location and it was more or less pointing in the correct direction.
It was just slightly off to the right, but that seemed to correct itself in flight.
There must be some magnetic interference where I normally take off.
Knowing how this works helps a lot in orienting the controller correctly.
The orientation of the icons may be inaccurate if the drone and device are fairly close to each other. They need some separation and that's why it "seemed to correct itself in flight".

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada